Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 80 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: Porsche Tennis Grand Prix, Stuttgart
PostPosted: 30. April 2009 21:06 

Local Time:
|1. May 2024| 09:12
Real shame that it's so one sided...right now

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 30. April 2009 21:39 

Local Time:
|1. May 2024| 08:12
A relatively comfortable win for Safina, but I don't think we could have really expected Daniela to win this one, or even make it as tight as some of their previous match-ups.
What is dissapointing is that Daniela had a 0-15 advantage in six of Safina's nine service games, but didn't really manage to ever put the Russian under pressure on serve, except perhaps in Safina's first, eighth and ninth service games.
Daniela got broken in her first service game of both sets which didn't help her cause, and her first serve percentage was considerably lower in the second set than in the first (53% compared to 77%), while Safina's was very high (85% in second set) which most likely explains why she went 0-4 down.
However, considering the contrasting 12 months that these two have had, it was a reasonable effort from Daniela, and a sign that she can surely get back into the top-20 at least over the next year or so.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 1. May 2009 00:22 

Local Time:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/8028071.stm

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 3. May 2009 15:19 

Local Time:
|1. May 2024| 18:12
Kind of disappointing result... I didn't realistically think that Daniela could win against Safina... but i thought the scoreline might be a bit more close considering Daniela seemed to have the edge over Safina in recent times. Granted, the last time they played was Sydney last year, when Daniela was playing good tennis and Dinara, not so much. Funny what can happen in a year of tennis.

"Talent is one step away from being lazy" -- Daniela Hantuchova

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 15. May 2009 10:50 

Local Time:
I waited two and a half weeks for the result of the Cornet match and Daniela crushed her :wav: Delayed reaction but worth the wait.
I got the final result on CNN so I knew that it was either first or second round for Daniela. Second's not great but a hell of a lot better than first.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 80 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6