Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 386 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 26  Next
Author Enter your Message here

hellene fan
 Post subject: Re: BNP Paribas Open, Indian Wells
PostPosted: 10. March 2009 16:03 

Local Time:
|3. May 2024| 04:07
honestly i am pretty happy with the draw
if will play with dementieva will be her second top-10 match
and against in a hot-form player.real and huge test matter what happens in the match
but first to win the first match

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 10. March 2009 17:17 

Local Time:
Really tough draw. Elena was the player I didn't want Daniela to face in early rounds.

But Daniela often plays better against top players then against players out of the top 100. So maybe a good test for the rest of the season.

Good luck.

Daniela H A N T U C H O V A
Rafael N A D A L

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 10. March 2009 19:41 

Local Time:
|3. May 2024| 03:07
Could have been a better draw, but it's the draw Daniela's got, so she just has to get on with it and play as well as she can.

I'd favour Rybarikova to be the opponent as she's been having the far better results this year and Wickmayer's gone down to play ITF for her last couple of tournaments having done very little on the main tour.
Daniela's beaten Wickmayer in straight sets in their previous meetings and the last one was last month, so I'd be confident about Daniela beating Wickmayer.
Rybarikova's the more intriguing match-up with the added spice of it being an all Slovak match. Rybarikova's beaten Wozniacki and Pennetta this year although neither of them have been having great results this year and both have had quite a few upset losses. Nonetheless, Rybarikova beat them and has been steadily going up the rankings and getting wins, so she should have confidence facing Daniela. I think a lot will depend on how Rybarikova handles playing Daniela. She could see it as a great opportunity to make a name for herself and be inspired to get a big win - certainly it would be a big win in Slovakia - and there's the incentive for her to get to Slovak number 2. Alternately, she could be nervous and inhibited as Daniela's such an icon of Slovak tennis. But it's up to Daniela to be prepared for either opponent to bring their best game. As I've said before, if Daniela plays well she should beat either of them, but if they play well or Daniela plays badly, then it'll be a lot harder.

Dementieva will be a very tough opponent given her recent form and her record against Daniela and is probably the worst third round opponent.
Daniela's last win against Dementieva came in California and it's Indian Wells, so why not. If she can get through the first couple of matches, she can go deep in this tournament.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 10. March 2009 20:20 

Local Time:
It'll be an interesting tourney that's for sure. I hope we get to see Daniela vs Dementieva 3r.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 10. March 2009 20:34 

Local Time:
|3. May 2024| 13:07

@ pmrd44 - I definately don't think Zheng is the weakest player in the top-twenty right now. She has been fairly consistent and when she's on form can challenge most of the top-ten players, and sometimes win. I would say Medina-Garrigues or Schnyder are the weakest players in the top-twenty right now.

I would tend to agree with that. But then again Schnyder has always been there or there-abouts, but for whatever reason i've never considered her a particularly formidable opponent.

--

I agree that Dementieva is probably the worst opponent for Daniela to face, but at the end of the day i'm just looking forward to her playing a top ten player. But she has to get there first and if she's facing Rybarikova, the added pressure of playing a fellow slovak might play on her mind. I would imagine that it would be harder for Daniela to play Rybarikova than someone of a similar rank, who isn't slovakian, especially when holding onto being the number 2 slovakian player is at stake. But you never know, this might be tournament that we see Daniela rise to the occasion. It's happened before at IW, here's to hoping it happens again.

I also think that it's worth noting that Daniela's draw isn't all bad. If she can get through her 3rd round match, things could really open up. We might even see her defending her points from last year. But at the same time, she's still yet to win 3 matches consecutively in quite some time.

"Talent is one step away from being lazy" -- Daniela Hantuchova

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 10. March 2009 21:47 

Local Time:
Right now I really don't think Daniela will care whether she is Slovakia's number 2 or 3 player. It doesn't really make any difference at the moment as long as her results are improving and her ranking is moving in the right direction. She missed so much of the season last year its understandable that she has been overtaken by Cibulkova and is being catched by Rybarikova. When the results start coming in for Daniela, Rybarikova will be no match for her.

Doubles draw is out, Daniela and Ai are seeded 5 and are drawn to meet the number 4 seeds Stosur and Stubbs in the quarter-finals.
First up though its Kudryavtseva and Rodionova, and then either Hradecka and Uhlirova or the Bondarenko sisters (who are not even seeded for these events now ever since the '08 Aus Open points were taken off).
Yan and Zheng are also unseeded, as of course are Sharapova and Vesnina, and Kuznetsova and Mauresmo (both wild card entrants). Daniela and Ai have managed to avoid all three of these teams in the early rounds. :D I don't actually think too much can be expected of Sharapova and Vesnina but they are still a fairly good team to avoid in the early stages of the competition.

hellene fan
PostPosted: 11. March 2009 10:32 

Local Time:

i found this pic from tennisforum,players practising in iw.
who is the guy?the same german coach(cant remember his name)?
does anyone knows her current coach-situation?

Site Admin
PostPosted: 11. March 2009 11:00 

Local Time:
^^ Not German but Swedish. Check the older threads. ;)

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 11. March 2009 15:33 

Local Time:
It appears that Daniela is continuing to work with Thomas Hogstedt. The coaching situation has certainly been intriguing over the past few months! Anyway I checked his history and he did a tremendous job with Tommy Haas from 2006-7-Tommy won 4 titles, made the SF of the AO and the QF of the US Open,beating Blake with an amazing clutch performance. Lets hope he can get similar results with Daniela.

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 11. March 2009 17:31 

Local Time:
I would say what Daniela is lacking the most right now is confidence. She just didn't believe she could win in many matches before. I don't like Masha honestly but I admire her spirit of fighting and her confidence. Every time she steps on the court, you can feel that she is very confident and ready to get the win. If Daniela can be like that, I am pretty sure she can go very far in every tournament with her game. I hope her coach can somehow make her stronger, more confident.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 11. March 2009 19:30 

Local Time:

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

hellene fan
PostPosted: 12. March 2009 07:10 

Local Time:
COURT 4 start 11:00 am
[Q] A Yakimova (BLR) vs [Q] V Lepchenko (USA) - WTA
T Paszek (AUT) vs M Santangelo (ITA) - WTA
A Kudryavtseva (RUS) / A Rodionova (RUS) vs [5] D Hantuchova (SVK) / A Sugiyama (JPN) - WTA
A Groenefeld (GER) / P Schnyder (SUI) vs [7] M Kirilenko (RUS) / F Pennetta (ITA) - WTA
Not Before 4:00 PM
N Lapentti (ECU) vs [Q] S Giraldo (COL) - ATP

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 12. March 2009 12:23 

Local Time:
Im fairly happy with the draw, it could of been better but its the one shes got. Rybarikova most likely in the 2nd round will be tricky and its always tough playing a compatriot and I dont think im going to bother looking any further than that for the time being.

Scott

http://www.facebook.com/scotthatley1987
http://twitter.com/scotthatley87

Profile WWW

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 12. March 2009 18:20 

Local Time:
|3. May 2024| 05:07
I would say what Daniela is lacking the most right now is confidence. She just didn't believe she could win in many matches before. I don't like Masha honestly but I admire her spirit of fighting and her confidence. Every time she steps on the court, you can feel that she is very confident and ready to get the win. If Daniela can be like that, I am pretty sure she can go very far in every tournament with her game. I hope her coach can somehow make her stronger, more confident.

I really agree with that. The only thing I can find wrong with her game is her emotional breakdowns during tough matches.

blue webmaster
PostPosted: 12. March 2009 21:43 

Local Time:
@ BlueDragon - Wickmayer is no easy opponent either, and I think she has a very good chance against Rybarikova. I don't think we can presume it will be Daniela v Magdalena in the R64.

yeah, I was completely wrong, Wickmayer won 6-3 6-2 :shock:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 386 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 26  Next