Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 674 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 45  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Site Admin
 Post subject: Re: Australian Open, Melbourne
PostPosted: 19. January 2009 12:21 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 10:33
in the second set, I think the last game even for 0-15, Casey hits a shot that is called out, she challenges and it is just in. And Casey is given the point. But wasn't Danka right on it, shouldn't it had been a let?

The Danish commentary sucks. He said the match was so slow and so average, both players moves way too poorly, and has no strength at all. They are both slow, and Daniela will probably never be top10 because she is so slow and lacks physic. Though he admitted her shots are decent. And there are too many other players better, e.g. Wozniacki who (still according to him) is classes above Hantuchova.
God, I felt like flying to Australia to strangulate him. Doesn't he remember she was number 7 a year ago, and has been with injury for a good part of 2008 and is still trying to find her confidence. And she got their with the same weapons as she has now. God, I hate commentators who only wants to commentate ATP and thinks the WTA sucks bar Ivanovic and Sharapova. Earlier today he didn't even know who Knapp is, said Safina had lost to Hantuchova in the Sydney final.
Did anybody see Ivanovic' match? Her serve was so insecure and she hit a lot of UEs. I was shoked when watching her. But no bad words about her. :evil:

Profile WWW

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 19. January 2009 12:30 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 09:33
in the second set, I think the last game even for 0-15, Casey hits a shot that is called out, she challenges and it is just in. And Casey is given the point. But wasn't Danka right on it, shouldn't it had been a let?

Typical bullshit from Alison Lang.

The Danish commentary sucks. He said the match was so slow and so average, both players moves way too poorly, and has no strength at all. They are both slow, and Daniela will probably never be top10 because she is so slow and lacks physic. Though he admitted her shots are decent. And there are too many other players better, e.g. Wozniacki who (still according to him) is classes above Hantuchova.
God, I felt like flying to Australia to strangulate him. Doesn't he remember she was number 7 a year ago, and has been with injury for a good part of 2008 and is still trying to find her confidence. And she got their with the same weapons as she has now. God, I hate commentators who only wants to commentate ATP and thinks the WTA sucks bar Ivanovic and Sharapova. Earlier today he didn't even know who Knapp is, said Safina had lost to Hantuchova in the Sydney final.
Did anybody see Ivanovic' match? Her serve was so insecure and she hit a lot of UEs. I was shoked when watching her. But no bad words about her. :evil:

That guy sounds like a total wanker.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 19. January 2009 12:40 

Local Time:
I think in this match her experiences help her through. If Casey is a more experienced player, I don't know what would happen.
Daniela still made many UEs but it was good to see her fight for every point, not gave up and not let the crowd make her down. Her serve and movement was Ok, imo. Overall, it was a good start. The most important thing is she keeps improvement each match.

Tier IV Title Holder
PostPosted: 19. January 2009 12:43 

Local Time:
I watched this match. It seemed to lack so much finesse from both players, all I can say about Daniela was that it was a battling performance which she came through despite being in some adverse situations at times. So she should be pleased with that aspect of her game, however, with so many errors coming from her (and Casey) and a distinct lack of fire power, pace and movement, she still has a long way to go to get her game back together again, because guts and determination are not going to be enough alone without a game to go with that.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 19. January 2009 12:58 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 16:33
I was so happy that she won it despite she against a home favorite.

Hope she play well in the next round.

P/S: Nice to see you all guys! ;)

Life Is Tense When Daniela Hantuchova is The Main Hot Stuff Of Our Life.
Hahahahaha

Hey guys! Visit my blog if you have some times to spend okay!

Profile YIM

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 19. January 2009 13:06 

Local Time:
The commentator sound awful christina.

Anyway, the TV news in my country praised Daniela.

''Miss glamor(I don't know why they keep calling her that but I like it. :D ), Daniela Hantuchova seeded 19, won against home crowd favorite, Casey Delacqua straight set. If she continue her rampage and increase her play style, there is no doubt she will be crack back in Top 10. Watch out Jankovic!''

(The news was in Malay Languages so I translated it.)

Hahahahaha

Profile YIM

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 19. January 2009 13:09 

Local Time:
Malaysian tv is better than Danish tv.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 19. January 2009 13:20 

Local Time:
LOL chungwit.

Actually, the local TV here seems like they prefer Sharapova, Hantuchova, Kirilenko and some other cute babes as their news highlight. But Ivanovic is not local TV favorite here.

You a Danish too Chungwit?

Hahahahaha

Profile YIM

hellene fan
PostPosted: 19. January 2009 15:23 

Local Time:
incredible beautiful the passing shot at 10-11
to many ue's from both players,daniela didnt played well at my opinion
but great fighting spirit in whole match
i am expecting to level up her game in next match

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 19. January 2009 15:24 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 19:33
i had held off posting in this thread until after her first match was done, but thank god she won that. so relieved that she got through in straight sets.

it was a pretty sloppy match though. flashes of good play, but too many errors left, right and center. you have to salute daniela though for her fighting abilities. she really was pressed in that first set, but held it together; and that passing backhand shot on set point down was 8-) wohoo to her fighting spirit.

i'm not sure if you guys agree, but i felt she was really tight in this match and wasn't striking the ball that cleanly - a lot of loose errors; and i felt her timing was a bit off during the match. she seemed nervous to me and wasn't really striking the ball that well, definitely not as well as in sydney. but the fact that she can win in straight sets when not playing her best is promising as she's finding another way to win.

as for her serve, it was not to bad actually. nice serving on some big points, with her aces. i recall seeing one of her serves at 176km/h, so she's getting a bit of pace on it.

overall, im just glad she won. i hope she plays better next round and wins more comfortably. the stress is taking its toll on me ;)

Last edited by bahriahn on 19. January 2009 15:25, edited 1 time in total.

banned
PostPosted: 19. January 2009 15:25 

Local Time:
167 KMH was the fastest serve.

If Dellaqua had watched her shots it would have come out much differently. She had no sense of the other player what-so-ever.

Daniela missed something in the range of like 4 dropshots out of 7. Dellaqua, like a bolt of lighting, got to the other 3 (but missed). So it was a loosing proposition from that standpoint. She is cutting under the ball again, not slicing. Dellaqua could only translate about half of those (because she shanked the ball after tanking).

She made a few points on basic deep crosscourt placement. She did well at the net.

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 19. January 2009 15:27 

Local Time:
167 KMH was the fastest serve.

really? i swear i saw a 176km/h serve during that first set.

anyway, her serve was effective enough today. a few good aces here and there. definitely room for improvement.

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 19. January 2009 15:37 

Local Time:
Congrats to Daniela for her victory, it was a heart-breaking match
(especially the first set) ending good. I hope that this victory will
take the stress away from her. Normally, Johansson will not be
such a big problem, but with Daniela you never know...
Ah, off topic maybe, but i loved it that Dokic won her first round
match, its good to see her coming back. And Makiri is out of
the tournament.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 19. January 2009 17:34 

Local Time:
Anyway, I looked at the WTA RANKS UPDATE and I do not expect that Daniela is currently rank below 30. I hope she can make through the TOP 20 again.

Beside, how is the new point system for GS? Any idea?

Hahahahaha

Profile YIM

Site Admin
PostPosted: 19. January 2009 17:52 

Local Time:
Anyway, I looked at the WTA RANKS UPDATE and I do not expect that Daniela is currently rank below 30. I hope she can make through the TOP 20 again.

Beside, how is the new point system for GS? Any idea?

Winner = 2000 points
Finalist = 1400
SF = 900
QF = 500
R16 = 280
R32 = 160
R64 = 100
R128 = 5

Profile WWW

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 674 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 45  Next