HAPPY BIRTHDAY DANIELA        Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 218 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15

Will Daniela win her opening match?
Poll ended at 20. October 2008 19:46
Yes, she will reach at least the 2nd round :) 95%  95%  [ 18 ]
No, another loss in the first round :( 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 19
Author Enter your Message here

Site Admin
 Post subject: Re: FORTIS Championships Luxembourg
PostPosted: 25. October 2008 09:21 

Local Time:
|27. April 2024| 11:29
Maybe she's too intelligent for such a "dumb" sport? She should try chess. ;)That's what one of her coaches told her when she was a child, according to one article I remember reading. You are right that she sometimes does it, then it transforms to poor shot selection and bad decisions at important moments.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 25. October 2008 11:58 

Local Time:
Most players are. I don't understand why you act like its only Daniela's problemIt's not just that she fails to serve out sets,it's also that she inevitably goes to pieces afterwards. Justine may have failed to serve out sets from time to time,but she usually ended up winning the match. What Daniela is going through is reminiscent of what happened in 2006 when,in a short space of time, she lost to Hingis,Serena,Czink(!) and Safina in straight sets despite serving for the first set on EACH occasion.

She's better than this,I wouldn't be a fan otherwise. Despite all the criticism I think she has a fine serve-I hope to see it clicking next season!

media master
PostPosted: 25. October 2008 12:45 

Local Time:
it's not something like a weak serve or a weak forehand
it's not easy to change a mental problem or a way of thinking, maybe she will never change that problem
i remember justine had that problem aswell before 2003 , giving matches away or getting intimidated like vs venus at the AO semi 03
but she could fix that problem later in the year and since then she was mentally the strongest of them all

Fan of Daniela Hantuchova since the Australian Open 2002 Other players: Azarenka,Wozniacki,Henin,Safarova,Benesova

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 25. October 2008 14:48 

Local Time:
How Daniela should have reacted to the umpire:

:haha: John is just great to watch.

Daniela H A N T U C H O V A
Rafael N A D A L

hellene fan
PostPosted: 26. October 2008 17:37 

Local Time:
strong and succesfull 2009 will come.i am pretty sure for this
unlucky season for daniela this year
have faith and patience

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 29. October 2008 00:25 

Local Time:
|27. April 2024| 10:29
strong and succesfull 2009 will come.i am pretty sure for this
unlucky season for daniela this year
have faith and patience

One thing that I think will help Daniela next year is the on-court coaching because she'd benefit from a different perspective and someone to talk with about the match and what's going on.

There are quite a few recent matches Daniela's lost where the result could have been different if coaching had been available: the Cirstea match where Daniela was flustered and angry at the end of the first set and a talk with her coach could have calmed her and help her refocus; the Kirilenko match in Zurich where her rhythm was disrupted by Kirilenk taking an injury break; the Jankovic match in Beijing where Daniela played well in the first set but fell away after losing it and the Cornet match in New Haven where Daniela was controlling the match but lost her momentum after Cornet's injury timeout.
These were all matches where Daniela started well but was unable to sustain her level throughout the match, either because of disruption or adversity, and coaching input would help her to overcome such obstacles in similar situations in future. Having a coach come out during an injury timeout by the opponent would help Daniela maintain her focus and rhythm while having a coach talk to her after a set, whether about tactics or just encouragement, would help her to regain the level of play she started the match with.

Even the knowledge that she can get help from the coach should benefit Daniela. Coaching's something that will help Daniela next year as will being free of injury and illness, because that disrupted her year so much.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Site Admin
PostPosted: 29. October 2008 08:25 

Local Time:
^was on court coaching allowed at Indian Wells when she lost to Masha 76 61 after serving for the match at 52 or 53? IF not, another match to add to your list.

Profile WWW

Tier IV Title Holder
PostPosted: 31. October 2008 20:27 

Local Time:
I hope she is ready to get out of there now and go home to slovakia. It was a good season Danka, but Id say you could have done better. Its all downhill from here, so, goodbye and goodluck. :) Dont spend it all on one thing. :D

She could have done better, but they are right in the end, no?

It'is what it looks like and that is nothing at all. Fly away.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 218 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15