Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 131 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Career Grand Slam
 Post subject: Tennis.com Zurich Open
PostPosted: 11. October 2008 13:52 

Local Time:
|30. April 2024| 23:34

Dates: October 13-19, 2008
Category: Tier II
Prize Money: $600,000
Draw: 28M/32Q/16D
Surface: Hard/Greenset

Official Web Site:

Main draw - singles

JANKOVIC [1] v BYE
PETROVA v PENNETTA
SREBOTNIK v BACSINSZKY [WC]
DUSHEVINA [Q] v RADWANSKA [5]

ZVONAREVA [4] v BYE
MEDINA-GARRIGUES v LI
MAURESMO v AZARENKA
NICULESCU [Q] v CHAKVETADZE [7]

HANTUCHOVA [8] v KIRILENKO
WOZNIACKI v SCHIAVONE
A.BONDARENKO v CORNET
BYE v V.WILLIAMS [3]

SCHNYDER [6] v KVITOVA [Q]
ARVIDSSON [Q] v BAMMER
BARTOLI v SZAVAY
BYE v IVANOVIC [2]

Last edited by asj001 on 13. October 2008 19:02, edited 2 times in total.

Career Grand Slam
 Post subject: Re: Tennis.com Zurich Open
PostPosted: 11. October 2008 13:59 

Local Time:
An ok first round match for Daniela, playing Kirilenko who she has had some good wins against. There matches have always been close but I am confident Daniela can come through this match.
If she does get through it will be Wozniacki (most likely) in round 2, who she lost to in their last meeting. There isn't much point looking beyond this match because it is a match that Daniela is very capable of losing, and besides Venus Williams is the seed that is expected to meet Daniela in the quarter-finals anyway!
I'm just hoping for a win against Kirilenko and a good performance against most likely, Wozniacki.

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 11. October 2008 14:04 

Local Time:
|1. May 2024| 09:34
im unsure about this draw. kirilenko played well against zvonareva in moscow, and we all know how daniela did against zvonareva. but its a new day and a new match. and daniela has a good record against kirilenko, so she definitely has chances against her. i just hope she can play confidently and does not give up.

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 11. October 2008 14:33 

Local Time:
|1. May 2024| 00:34
im unsure about this draw. kirilenko played well against zvonareva in moscow, and we all know how daniela did against zvonareva. but its a new day and a new match. and daniela has a good record against kirilenko, so she definitely has chances against her. i just hope she can play confidently and does not give up.

That is right. I was actually very surprised by how good she could play at that match. That was a big improvement compared to AO at the early year. So I am not very confident Daniela could win this match. But Maria still has a weakness. She started off really well, but when her opponent is tough and strong, she gradually becomes tight and makes more mistakes. So the most important thing is Daniela must stay strong, no matter the scoreline is, just hang in there and fight. I am pretty sure Daniela will have a chance to win.

Site Admin
PostPosted: 11. October 2008 16:44 

Local Time:
hate the draw. Don't think she will beat Kirilenko. If she comes through that match, I think her chances are good for winning the second round match though. She beat Schiavone last week, and Wozniacki's form hasn't been good since US Open. Sure she won Japan Open, but didn't really beat anyone worth mentioning, and in Moscow she got a small leg injury and then retired with fever.

Profile WWW

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 11. October 2008 17:19 

Local Time:
Strange draw. From a first look i think that Dani and Maria have equal chances.
It's not easy to make predictions about this match.
Will Dani be able to forget the defeat v Zvonareva and move on ?
We'll see in a few days, but right now i wouldn't care about 2nd round,
this is very very far away...

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 11. October 2008 17:51 

Local Time:
|30. April 2024| 17:34
With the exception of Bacszinsky and the qualifiers, there really were no easy first round opponents. What's telling is that Daniela's own official website reported she was taking the week off. So those of us here knew more about Daniela's calendar than the folks running her official website did. That says a lot about how much Daniela and her management team care about the site.

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 11. October 2008 18:20 

Local Time:
With the exception of Bacszinsky and the qualifiers, there really were no easy first round opponents. What's telling is that Daniela's own official website reported she was taking the week off. So those of us here knew more about Daniela's calendar than the folks running her official website did. That says a lot about how much Daniela and her management team care about the site.

Danka lost this year to Bacsinszky indoors :)

I'll be there on friday so i hope Danka will be able to reach the QF's. She still showed some good signs in those indoors-tournaments compared to Bali, and in 2006 she reached the final here so i hope i'll see her.

Maria will be though but i think Danka has a chance to win this match.

*Nicole Vaidisova*Agnes Szavay*Tatiana Golovin*

*Daniela Hantuchova*Agnieszka Radwanska*Dinara Safina*
Alona Bondarenko*Iveta Benesova*Aleksandra Wozniak*
Elena Dementieva*Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova*Stefanie Vögele*

<3

media master
PostPosted: 11. October 2008 18:26 

Local Time:

Danka lost this year to Bacsinszky indoors :)

I'll be there on friday so i hope Danka will be able to reach the QF's. She still showed some good signs in those indoors-tournaments compared to Bali, and in 2006 she reached the final here so i hope i'll see her.

Maria will be though but i think Danka has a chance to win this match.

only cause she was very sick that day, she was out for two weeks

Fan of Daniela Hantuchova since the Australian Open 2002 Other players: Azarenka,Wozniacki,Henin,Safarova,Benesova

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 11. October 2008 18:39 

Local Time:
Of course another tough 1st round match, but I think the draw could have been even worse.
So hopefully she can at least reach the second round and make a good performance in Zürich.

No comment on the "official site" of Danka. Just embarassing.

Daniela H A N T U C H O V A
Rafael N A D A L

Site Admin
PostPosted: 11. October 2008 18:44 

Local Time:
my theory is still that they posted that piece of news before they knew that Peer withdrew from Zurich, so at the time they posted it, she was actually looking at having a week off. Though they could post a new piece of information that she is in.

Profile WWW

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 11. October 2008 19:59 

Local Time:
Hantuchova v Kirilenko attractive to fans and photographers
"The draw for the 2008 TENNIS.com Zurich Open has been made, and one of the most attractive matches in the first round sees the 2006 runner-up Daniela Hantuchova face the dangerous Russian Maria Kirilenko. With two of the most photogenic players on the circuit on either side of the net, you can be sure there will be a number of photographers in the Hallenstadion as well as tennis connoisseurs."

Source:

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 11. October 2008 21:17 

Local Time:
It's a reasonable enough draw given the field. Kirilenko's won three tournaments this year but they all had weak fields and she's generally struggled against good players and has had a lot of 1st round losses this year. The concern is that all her matches against Daniela have been close and how much Daniela's affected by the loss to Zvonareva. I feel that as long as Daniela plays well she should win.

Daniela had a good win against Schiavone last week and I'd favour her to beat Schiavone again, but I think Wozniacki is the likely second round opponent as long as she's fit. Wozniacki beat Daniela at the Olympics and has had a lot of good wins this year, so she'd be a tough opponent.

The first couple of rounds are winnable but I can't see Daniela beating Venus if they were to play in the quarter-final. But getting to the quarter-final would be good for Daniela as she'd have had some nice wins. However, we have to take it one match at a time and hope for good performances from Daniela.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Site Admin
PostPosted: 11. October 2008 21:40 

Local Time:
Wozniacki is still ill. To the Danish press she said she is only traveling to Zurich to avoid being fined, but she still has a fever and her thigh injury is still bothering her. So I stand by my first tought: 1st round will be much more difficult than 2nd round.

Profile WWW

media master
PostPosted: 11. October 2008 23:46 

Local Time:
Wozniacki is still ill. To the Danish press she said she is only traveling to Zurich to avoid being fined, but she still has a fever and her thigh injury is still bothering her. So I stand by my first tought: 1st round will be much more difficult than 2nd round.

i know they made that rule cause a lot of people sign in and then don't show up, but
i think it's ridiculous to let a sick player travel to Zurich. The fact she travels to Zurich means these fines are very high , not just a few thousand dollar. Cause i would stay home if it was only 5.000 dollar, with the money she's making (and much more in the future when she's top 10)
it's nothing for her.

Fan of Daniela Hantuchova since the Australian Open 2002 Other players: Azarenka,Wozniacki,Henin,Safarova,Benesova

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 131 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next