Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 101 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Grand Slam Champion
 Post subject: Re: Porsche Tennis Grand Prix, Stuttgart
PostPosted: 1. October 2008 14:34 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 21:06
Hmm.. Too bad she lost 63 61..

IMO, I also agree that Daniela should play smaller tournament (Like this week in Tokyo.) Believe me, if you keep on losing in the 1st round in a big tournament, you will at least lost your 50% of confidence against good player or any player.. I know that feeling because I am a Junior badminton player in my country and this year is a downhill for me.

OFF TOPIC:
Example, I was in the top 15 (Ranked 11.. That is my career high.. Hehe..) last year and I played really well in January until early April (That is how I get to rank 11 this year).. I keep on entering semi final for 7 times and final for 2 times.. I just win one title only.. Haha.. :lol:

The downhill of my career started when I was so hype and I try to enter a BIGGER tournament. In May, I entered the Malaysia Youth Tournament and a lot of people expected the best of me. I was scheduled to play seeded 2 in the opening round. I thought I can win because I keep on thinking that he is not that good but I was TOTALLY wrong. The feeling to play against a top player is different because we keep on thinking that 'OMG, I cannot win this because he is good' or maybe something like this 'Well, I don't have anything to lose.'. I lost the match straight set and I was crying so bad. Since then,every BIG tournament I entered, I will lose my confidence against seeded player.

Since August, I do not entered any tournament because I don't think I can win any of it. Quite sucks somehow. My rank is now 38++.. :lol: :lol:
However, I will enter some small tournament and get some training after my exam this November. Try to build up some confidence!!!

What I trying to say is...
Daniela should bother to enter smaller tournament so that she can build up her confidence and get her form back. The more she play in international level, she will be more mature with every shot she make. She will not only get ranking point but also confidence and experiences. In other word, she will be more stronger when she face higher ranked player. At least not an easy defeat for her!!! I hope Daniela will return in 2009!! Good luck and all the best for you Dani!! ;)

Life Is Tense When Daniela Hantuchova is The Main Hot Stuff Of Our Life.
Hahahahaha

Hey guys! Visit my blog if you have some times to spend okay!

Profile YIM

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 1. October 2008 17:59 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 14:06
It's more likely that they'll use the Weissenhoff where the ATP event's been held as that's an outdoor clay venue.

No, it will definately be indoors.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 1. October 2008 18:24 

Local Time:
It's more likely that they'll use the Weissenhoff where the ATP event's been held as that's an outdoor clay venue.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: I'm absolutely stunned by this.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 1. October 2008 18:25 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 15:06
After what I read, I think it good that Daniela had at least some chances in the first set.
IMO Zvonareva was one of the worst draws Daniela could have had. She is in really good form at the moment and her play doesn't suit Daniela.

Daniela H A N T U C H O V A
Rafael N A D A L

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 1. October 2008 18:50 

Local Time:
Commiserations to Daniela for her week already being over but the two draws that she received were arguably the worst draws she could of got in Singles and in Doubles. There has been some clear improvement over the weeks but as I keep on saying I dont think we will see the true Daniela until next year, unfortunately by then her ranking would of dropped and she will be getting draws such as these on a more regular basis. It probably would be beneficial to enter some minor tournaments next year to build confidence and ranking but for this season its probably too little too late.

Scott

http://www.facebook.com/scotthatley1987
http://twitter.com/scotthatley87

Profile WWW

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 1. October 2008 19:10 

Local Time:

I don't think its that much of a difference. Hamburg on the men's circuit is played indoors (if the weather is bad). Australian Open is potentially played outdoors and indoors. If the surface is the same then the players should cope fine.
The biggest problem is when there is a change of surface, e.g. at Nottingham this year and last year, when, due to bad weather, play had to be moved from outdoor grass courts to indoor hard courts.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 1. October 2008 19:27 

Local Time:
Li Na will serve for the match against Serena Williams in the second round. A big upset potentially here. If Li wins Jelena Jankovic will be world number 1 on Monday, even if she too loses in the second round.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 1. October 2008 19:29 

Local Time:
Serena is out, losing to Li Na, even after taking the first set 6-0 (much like Daniela in Aus Open semi-finals).
Li goes through to the quarter-finals after a 0-6 6-1 6-4 win.
Jelena Jankovic is the new world number 1, regardless of her performance this week.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 1. October 2008 19:37 

Local Time:
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Li Na beats Serena after being bagelled in the first set. Wow! We all know about those Li Na comebacks but this is shocking. Great resilience and play to comeback and totally turn the match around.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 1. October 2008 19:43 

Local Time:

I don't think its that much of a difference. Hamburg on the men's circuit is played indoors (if the weather is bad). Australian Open is potentially played outdoors and indoors. If the surface is the same then the players should cope fine.
The biggest problem is when there is a change of surface, e.g. at Nottingham this year and last year, when, due to bad weather, play had to be moved from outdoor grass courts to indoor hard courts.

You'll be telling me the Australian Open isn't at Kooyong anymore.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 1. October 2008 19:44 

Local Time:

You'll be telling me the Australian Open isn't at Kooyong anymore.

No, I just don't understand the issue with it being indoors. Btw, the Australian Open isn't played at Kooyong anymore.

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 1. October 2008 20:19 

Local Time:
Not talking about physical strength, I think Daniela has some mental problem now. She completely melt down after she couldn't take her chance, that is absolutely a no-go for a professional player like her. Last week against JJ and today against Vera, she started off really good, had some chances, did not take them and then mental completely down. I wish she could see how Li turned the match around today after being 0-6 at the first set. Daniela needs some psychological treatment before being able to compete again.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 1. October 2008 20:22 

Local Time:
Not talking about physical strength, I think Daniela has some mental problem now. She completely melt down after she couldn't take her chance, that is absolutely a no-go for a professional player like her. Last week against JJ and today against Vera, she started off really good, had some chances, did not take them and then mental completely down. I wish she could see how Li turned the match around today after being 0-6 at the first set. Daniela needs some psychological treatment before being able to compete again.

I agree. I don't think she has the "killer" attitude when she is ahead in a match. She never seems to heavily beat her opponants. I think she needs to work on her tactics and state of mind when she is in the lead, and also if she happens to lose the lead, the mentality required to come back.

Site Admin
PostPosted: 2. October 2008 00:20 

Local Time:
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Li Na beats Serena after being bagelled in the first set.
At least something positive to take from today.

Tier III Title Holder
PostPosted: 2. October 2008 05:52 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 22:06
after a stellar beginning of the year, Danka's game is hitting a nose dive.. We all have insights and suggestions how to improve her game but its really up to daniela how she is going to cope with this... she will see it through... I hope... but in the mean time she needs to ponder on this things:

Serve
Footwork
and her fragile mind

Hrdá fanynka Daniely Hantuchovej

Profile YIM

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 101 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next