Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 101 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Tier II Title Holder
 Post subject: Re: Porsche Tennis Grand Prix, Stuttgart
PostPosted: 1. October 2008 13:02 

Local Time:
|20. April 2024| 10:26
Eurosport France only ??

DANIELA IS ON EUROSPORT LIVE !!!!

not my eurosport. It's showing eurogoals, or something like that. Please somebody, record
I can't do it. I have only VHS videotapes. :oops:

Fan de Daniela en toutes circonstances.

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 1. October 2008 13:03 

Local Time:
Break by Vera...Dani playing a lackluster game there...still putting in some good serves though. Think she's fading away though :cry:

how can she be putting in some good serves if she isn't even winning 50 percent of her first serves?
Come on Danka, fight back.

Vera is making alot of returns. dani had 76% first serve percentage in the 1st set

3-0 to Vera and doubl break- Dani did not play too badly...Vera just better and returning Dani's serves very very well

Daniela: Dinara: Dominika: Marat: Simone

Last edited by danino1 on 1. October 2008 13:06, edited 1 time in total.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 1. October 2008 13:05 

Local Time:
|20. April 2024| 16:26
I am watching live score at WTA so I don't know how is she playing now..
But based on the score in first set, I think Daniela play a little out of form maybe??

Hope she get through it somehow!!!
So It will be a happy day for me LOL!!

P/S: I really want her to win this because I am celebrating Happy Eid today!!! Lighten up my day Dani!! ;)

Life Is Tense When Daniela Hantuchova is The Main Hot Stuff Of Our Life.
Hahahahaha

Hey guys! Visit my blog if you have some times to spend okay!

Profile YIM

media master
PostPosted: 1. October 2008 13:06 

Local Time:
4th service game in a row she lost

Fan of Daniela Hantuchova since the Australian Open 2002 Other players: Azarenka,Wozniacki,Henin,Safarova,Benesova

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 1. October 2008 13:07 

Local Time:
|20. April 2024| 16:26
Eurosport Malaysia also do not show tennis now...
LAME!!!

Cmon Danka!!! Fight Back!!

Life Is Tense When Daniela Hantuchova is The Main Hot Stuff Of Our Life.
Hahahahaha

Hey guys! Visit my blog if you have some times to spend okay!

Profile YIM

Site Admin
PostPosted: 1. October 2008 13:10 

Local Time:
Break by Vera...Dani playing a lackluster game there...still putting in some good serves though. Think she's fading away though :cry:

how can she be putting in some good serves if she isn't even winning 50 percent of her first serves?

Vera is making alot of returns. dani had 76% first serve percentage in the 1st set

3-0 to Vera and doubl break- Dani did not play too badly...Vera just better and returning Dani's serves very very well

well of course it is difficult for me to say since I'm not watching, but yes 80 percent first serves in is very very good. But only winning 3 of 12. To me it sounds like she isn't placing as well as she usually does and just putting the first serves in.

Profile WWW

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 1. October 2008 13:15 

Local Time:

well of course it is difficult for me to say since I'm not watching, but yes 80 percent first serves in is very very good. But only winning 3 of 12. To me it sounds like she isn't placing as well as she usually does and just putting the first serves in.

I know your not watching but I cannot stress how good Vera is returning ALOT of Dani's serves. That being said, the game completely became one sided when Vera broke back for 3-3. Dani's game then was just woeful and it hasn't improved much since then

Anywho- Dani holds for 1-4, mostly Vera's errors

1-5 to Vera- Just :roll: at Dani

2-5 to Vera- Dani fought well to hold after match point for Vera

Vera wins 6-3 6-2. I don't know how matches like these will help her confidence...think this match is going to hurt her a bit...She had the momentum then played a horrible game and it went downhill from there. Off to moscow...but to be honest from what I watched from here...she won't be there too long either.

Last edited by danino1 on 1. October 2008 13:35, edited 3 times in total.

media master
PostPosted: 1. October 2008 13:32 

Local Time:
poor Dani :( 3-6 2-6

Fan of Daniela Hantuchova since the Australian Open 2002 Other players: Azarenka,Wozniacki,Henin,Safarova,Benesova

Site Admin
PostPosted: 1. October 2008 13:34 

Local Time:
yes. Poor Danka. Stuttgart already over for her. Good luck next week.

Profile WWW

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 1. October 2008 13:37 

Local Time:
Vera is a bad match-up for daniela, she's never won a set off her in now 3 matches. hopefully moscow will bring a kinder draw but i can't really see it...

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 1. October 2008 13:37 

Local Time:
Another one-sided match but this is an expected result for me. After seeing how Vera played in Beijing, I knew such a score may come out today. I just hoped for a more competitive match but it wasn't. Daniela is still not ready to compete with top players. This tournament actually ends before she even plays (by seeing the draw). OK, wish you more luck with the draw in Moscow, which is not easy either.
I am not disappointed with this lost but it is just sad to see the ranking points keep going down dramatically.

I still think she should play smaller tournament. It is not about the ranking but about match practice. She can start off there, winning matches to build up her momentum and then come back to big tournaments. It is no use trying to enter big tournaments when you are not ready and keep loosing like that.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 1. October 2008 13:44 

Local Time:
Actually apart from her 1st round match against vera this was a pretty kind draw. 2nd round vs bartoli and quarters jankovic...but none of that matters now.....

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 1. October 2008 13:48 

Local Time:
Another one-sided match but this is an expected result for me. After seeing how Vera played in Beijing, I knew such a score may come out today. I just hoped for a more competitive match but it wasn't. Daniela is still not ready to compete with top players. This tournament actually ends before she even plays (by seeing the draw). OK, wish you more luck with the draw in Moscow, which is not easy either.
I am not disappointed with this lost but it is just sad to see the ranking points keep going down dramatically.

I still think she should play smaller tournament. It is not about the ranking but about match practice. She can start off there, winning matches to build up her momentum and then come back to big tournaments. It is no use trying to enter big tournaments when you are not ready and keep loosing like that.

I agree if she had been playing any lower ranked player she would have won with the way she was playing today...she was not that bad. Vera was just the better player. But as her ranking begins to drop. Players like Vera are going to become 1st rounds matches for her more often and the issue with Dani is that when she has that one opportunity 9 times out of 10 she wastes it especially against top players. Last week against Jelena, against Sharapova at Indian wells, against Ana at Melbourne. I just hope she gains as much points as she can because I think she's in for a tough time in 2009.

I think she may have to start playing smaller tournaments especially her results don't improve. I think it's better to play a lower tournament where she may have an increased chance of going far...she could pick up some points and improve her confidence because against Vera today you can tell when her confidence just deserted her. I just don't see what gain she gets from playing matches like these especially when she gets a tough first round and confortably gets beaten. It doesn't help her ranking and it really doesn't help her confidence either

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 1. October 2008 13:49 

Local Time:
Well, maybe I would have preferred not to see this match. :( I was very surprised when I saw Eurosport France was showing it, because it wasn't scheduled on Eurosport France's website.

My first reactions : Daniela was not so bad, but Vera was stronger, she catched all the balls, she made very few unforced errors, she ran everywhere... Anyway, she was just much better. Daniela made some good shots that would have been winners against other players, but against Vera, they weren't.

Fan de Daniela en toutes circonstances.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 1. October 2008 14:26 

Local Time:
|20. April 2024| 09:26
Ouch, that was a total beasting.

A lot of credit must go to Zvonareva who played very well, she dictated most of the rallies and had Daniela on the defensive a lot. So often Zvonareva would pound groundstrokes into the corner and force Daniela out wide and Zvonareva would either hit a winner into the open court or she'd wrongfoot Daniela by hitting back into the corner while Daniela was trying to cover the open court. A big difference was movement as Zvonareva was getting to a lot of shots in time to get set up and hit a good shot back while a lot of the time Daniela was scrambling from side to side and just getting the ball back. Sometimes Daniela's serving wasn't great but some of Zvonareva's returns were amazing, there was one serve from Daniela where she got a great angle and pushed Zvonareva out beyond the doubles line but Zvonareva hit a great crosscourt forehand that clipped the line for a winner. Daniela didn't really play that badly, she was okay but Zvonareva played extremely well and ruthlessly punished Daniela.

The crucial game of the match was the 8th game of the first set when Daniela was 40-0, 3-4 and she hit the ball long and then Zvonareva hit some winners, Daniela made some errors, Zvonareva broke and served out to win the set and just raced through the start of the second.

We'll just see what happens in Moscow and hopefully Daniela can get a better draw, but it is a top class field. But Serena was ranked 86 when she won the Australian Open last year, Jankovic had a ten game losing streak in 2006, Ivanovic was stuck in the top 20 last year before she won Berlin and the same applies to Safina and Zvonareva was down at about 50 a few years ago. Daniela was in a far worse slump than this in 2003 and 2004 and she was down at 55 but she showed her resilience and ability to get back to the top winning Indian Wells again and getting back into the top ten. Form is temporary but class is permanent and Daniela has class.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 101 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next