Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Author Enter your Message here

Career Grand Slam
 Post subject: Re: French Open, Roland Garros
PostPosted: 31. May 2015 01:32 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 04:27
Samiela! That's so cool, eddy! I was thinking Dani and Sami, but no one calls Stosur that. Thanks for relating Daniela's joy. That always warms all of our hearts!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 31. May 2015 15:37 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 09:27
HANTUCHOVA & STOSUR UPSET NO.3 SEEDS
Two of the WTA's most talented veterans took out the No.3 seeds - WTA Rising Stars Timea Babos and Kristina Mladenovic - as the doubles competition continued to heat up at the French Open.
Published May 30, 2015 12:12

PARIS, France - The second round of French Open doubles action wrapped up on Saturday with all seeded teams advancing, barring one upset as the No.3-seeded team of Timea Babos and Kristina Mladenovic saw their 10-match winning streak end.

Daniela Hantuchova and Samantha Stosur dealt an upset to the all-WTA Rising Star team of Babos and Mladenovic, winning 7-5, 6-3. The veteran players joined forces earlier in the clay season and had only played in one tournament together before entering the French Open.

"We played really well and against a team that's been playing really well this year," Stosur said.

Babos and Mladenovic had won titles in Dubai, Marrakech and Rome, and sit in the No.3 spot on the Road To Singapore doubles leaderboard.

"I knew we had to go out there and be aggressive and we were able to do that and come up with a few lucky points," the Australian added. "Before we knew it we were serving for the match.

"This is only the second tournament we have played together and I think we are getting better and better as the matches go on so that's a good feeling."

They will face the No.13 seeds Michaella Krajicek and Barbora Strycova in the third round.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 31. May 2015 20:47 

Local Time:
Daniela's doubles match is second on Court 3 after a boys' singles, not before 12:30 pm.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 1. June 2015 14:59 

Local Time:
Daniela & Sam lost 6-4 3-6 6-2. It really feels like a missed opportunity especially after playing so well in the previous round. I didn't see the match but the difference was second serve, where Krajicek & Strycova won 59% but Daniela & Sam won only 34%, and Strycova & Krajicek were 6/12 on Bps compared to Daniela & Sam's 4/12. If they'd done a better job on second serve, they'd have won. This is such a pity as it was a really good chance to go on a run deep into the tournament but it wasn't to be. Still, Daniela had her best doubles win in years against Mladenovic and Babos and if she stays with Sam they can do really well at Wimbledon.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 1. June 2015 15:53 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 10:27
A real shame losing the doubles today, there wasn't a stream unfortunately but at least they were competitive and got a set.

Hopefully they'll stick together for the grass as I think with Sam's serve and Daniela's flat shots they've got a better chance to go deeper.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 1. June 2015 19:40 

Local Time:
Daniela and Sam had a shot. I misjudged the time and awoke early in the final set. Down 1-2 on serve, they played a marathon game where each team had the ad several times, resulting in a break. Then they couldn't cash in a break point in the next game, making it 1-4, and their opponents cruised home from there. Too bad. I'd want to get excited about the future of this team, but since recent history tells us that Daniela's doubles teams last as long as an ice cube in a running microwave, I gotta reserve judgment. But also thank them for some excitement this week.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 4. June 2015 19:06 

Local Time:
Serena just pulled off one of her patented comebacks again. Is it 3 or 4 times in this tourney that she lost the first set and fell behind in the second and then boom. As we too well remember, much of Daniela's reputation of being a manila folder stemmed from the 2007 Wimbledon match. Maybe it's selective memory, but the storyline after that match and all the years since was what Dani didn't do, not what Serena did while injured. In the last several years, when Serena does this, the stories are, and properly so, all glory, laud and honor to the indominable spirit and refusal to lose of Ms. Williams. Never is the opponent said to have gagged. (The media does castigate Sharapova for how she always loses to Serena, but it's not the same because Serena always clobbers her.) Just bugs the S--t out of me. This is a great place to rant. Thanks, guys.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 5. June 2015 00:04 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 10:27
So pleased for Safarova - she's my 2nd favourite on tour - let's hope she can destroy Williams in the final :)

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 5. June 2015 03:34 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 03:27
So pleased for Safarova - she's my 2nd favourite on tour - let's hope she can destroy Williams in the final :)

Could not agree more!!!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 5. June 2015 17:46 

Local Time:
Isn't it nice that Ivanovic & Bastian Schweinsteiger can have a nice weekend in Paris instead of having to play on Saturday after they both lost their semis. Lucie Safarova's the Lionel Messi of tennis.

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4