Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: GP Sar La Princesse Lalla Meryem
PostPosted: 25. April 2015 16:03 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 16:10
Dates: 27 April - 2 May 2015 image
Venue: Marrakech, Morocco
Tier: International
Prize Money: $250,000
Surface: Clay/Outdoors
Tournament Director: Hicham Arazi

Official Website: www.lallameryemtennis.com

Last Appearance: 2014 semi-final. Lost to Romina Oprandi 7-5 3-6 6-3

Singles:
1R: Christina McHale (USA) bt Daniela Hantuchova 6-4 6-2

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: GP Sar La Princesse Lalla Meryem
PostPosted: 25. April 2015 16:05 

Local Time:
Singles Draw:MDS.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 25. April 2015 16:38 

Local Time:
We'll see how Daniela does here. McHale beat her in their previous meeting and that was on clay in Charleston 4 years ago and McHale's had good results on clay. However, McHale's results this year and the end of last year haven't been good as she's 3-7 this year and the highest ranked player she's beaten this year is Cetkovska at 89 and she's lost her two matches on clay this year. However, the players that have beaten McHale have generally been pretty good - Pennetta, Petkovic & Cornet - so Daniela will have to play well. Hopefully, Daniela's recuperated from her exertions earlier in the year and she can play her best tennis.

The winner of this match will play either Svitolina or Vekic.

Daniela just missed on a seeding here as Puig passed her in the rankings by playing Bogota during Fed Cup week.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 25. April 2015 17:20 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 11:10
Ride the Marrakech Express, Daniela! I have waited 4 years for Dani to get another crack at McHale, who I recall acting like she was the next big thing in the sport after the Charleston match. I hope our gal bashes her even worse than she just did to Celik in Fed Cup.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 26. April 2015 16:21 

Local Time:
Daniela's not playing doubles even though Karin's here but the last time she played doubles at an international was Birmingham two years ago and I honestly can't remember the last time she actually played doubles at an international before that so it's not surprising she's not playing doubles here.

Daniela's also got the day off tomorrow.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 26. April 2015 17:05 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 17:10
Hmm not thrilled that Daniela ended up being unseeded seeing as she has semifinal points to defend here. McHale is beatable but Daniela needs to make her winning shots as McHale will get alot of balls back. Madrid starts on the weekend so hopefully if Daniela can get into form here.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 27. April 2015 18:47 

Local Time:
Daniela's the second match on Court 1, play starts at 10:30 am .

ITF Player
PostPosted: 28. April 2015 09:32 

Local Time:
No stream for Dani today? :?

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 28. April 2015 12:40 

Local Time:
Nope :/ and Daniela hasn't made a good start down a break 3-4 with McHale serving.

Daniela broke back to 4-4 but then double faulted to give McHale the break again 4-5

McHale holds to 15 to win the first set 6-4 :cry:

Daniela's double faults not coming at the best time in the first set, she's done 4 already...

Hopefully Daniela will start getting used to the conditions now and be able to win in three sets...

Already down 0-2 in the 2nd set, my guess is McHale is moving really well, and Daniela is making too many mistakes..

4-6 0-3 when's the next flight to Madrid :cry: :cry: :oops: :oops:

Daniela had 3 bps in a row and McHale won 5 points in a row 4-6 0-4 yikes...

Got one of the breaks back 2-4, if Daniela can hold here, McHale may get nervous, comon Daniela fight...0-30 because of a double fault :( she has to sort her serve out...broken to 15 ;(((

McHale d Hantuchova 6-4 6-2 what a load of crap... :oops: :oops: :oops: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Where has Daniela's game gone since Pattaya???? Why does this always happen???? And she was so awesome in Fed Cup...

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 28. April 2015 16:06 

Local Time:
This is so disappointing. McHale's form this year and at the end of last year has been terrible but she's great against Daniela.

This is a lot like the Koukalova match in Indian Wells where Daniela's opponent was in poor form but had had success against Daniela in the past and once again McHale is a tough match-up just like Koukalova was. Admittedly, some of the players that McHale's lost to this year are top players but she's not beaten anyone good for a long time. I wonder if the match being played on the second court was a factor as Daniela played on the centre court last year and her record on outside courts has been poor recently. I still think she should be good enough to beat McHale though.

The points are already off and Daniela doesn't have anything to defend until Roland Garros and she's hardly got anything to defend after that so she has a lot of chances to gain points but she has to raise her level.

Thanks for the live scores and report, eddy.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 28. April 2015 17:14 

Local Time:
Revenge is not mine. Clearly Daniela's serve is all screwed up again, and outside of Fed Cup, the bugaboo of 1st round clunkers against very beatable opponents is ruling the day. Anything she had gained from Carlos is totally lost, and it's time to declare the Coach By Skype experiment a failure. And we all enjoy her photos on FB, but if I was running her page, I would have not chosen today to put up a fashionista picture. This is one frustrated fan reporting to you. :evil:
(But I still love Dani and hope for some better days. Can't help myself.)

Let's Go, Daniela!

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 29. April 2015 01:24 

Local Time:
|30. March 2024| 00:10
Why is this happening..I hate this 1st rd losses...she lost to anyone right now...after Pattaya and some great fighting in tight matches...she should have the spirit fresh from FedCup...arrrgh Dani

mOnmOn

Profile YIM

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 29. April 2015 06:54 

Local Time:
I got a kick out of how long we kept the score of the final at Pattaya on the upper corner crawl for almost two months. With Dani struggling right now, I say put it back up! It will remind us to never give up on the good times.

And, when it's time to update Daniela's career records, let's add her Fed Cup win to give her a career total of 538. When she was closing in on 500, I delved into this and was surprised to learn that Fed Cup matches count toward a player's official career record.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 29. April 2015 18:38 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 12:10
Ouch, Daniela can't really do much this year, can she? Let's be glad for Pattaya, hope she can get a bit of form soon... but with all these R1 losses it's going to be very uphill.

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments