Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Enter your Message here

Career Grand Slam
 Post subject: Re: Miami Open, Miami
PostPosted: 28. March 2015 21:39 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 06:08
Yeah, it's logical that Pattaya/Dubai led to the foot problems, which may well have turned her serve into a hot mess. Thanks for weighing in, eddy and Chungwit.
Now, let's celebrate! :beer: I will take a win for Dani over Halep under any circumstance whatsoever. As usual, it could have been a bit easier, but Daniela and Karin came up big in the games they had to. Onward and upward, ladies!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 28. March 2015 23:43 

Local Time:
Daniela and Karin are right back in action tomorrow vs. the #2 seeds on Court #7 shortly after 1:00 PM. as the first match. How about some old Miami magic like 4 years ago?

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 29. March 2015 20:41 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 11:08
Daniela & Karin lost 6-2 6-2. They were 2-1 up in the first set but were broken in their last two service games of the set and couldn't convert BPs they had on Makanrova & Vesnina's last two service games. Daniela & Karin got broken at deuce in the first game of the second set and were broken again to go 1-4 down, they saved a MP serving 1-5 down but Makarova & Vesnina served out the match in the next game.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 30. March 2015 00:22 

Local Time:
Not overly bothered by the loss. They had a couple of chances but Makarova/Vesnina were dominant. Dani and Karin are not ready for primetime players at this point. What I am bothered by is that I have no idea when Daniela next plays, and as eddy pointed out, her upcoming plummet in the rankings. :|

Let's Go, Daniela!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 30. March 2015 03:10 

Local Time:
With the $10,485 Daniela received here, she has surpassed a rather significant milestone. She has now won over 10 million dollars in her career. In so doing, according to the Tennis Temple site, Dani becomes the 49th player, both men and women, to reach the 10 million mark. And we know that some of that has helped countless sick children. Hats off to you, Daniela. :)

I loved it when she said she didn't know! Read my posts, Daniela! I'll keep you up to date!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Last edited by Alex Isabel on 30. March 2015 23:43, edited 1 time in total.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 30. March 2015 12:44 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 12:08
Yay! Well done Daniela :)

NB Bencic through to 4th round...was another tough draw for Daniela...I really hope she enters Charleston

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 30. March 2015 13:12 

Local Time:
Daniela's not decided where she's going to be playing next.

The winner of the February tournament in Pattaya Thai had not yet clarified his next tournament program. She could not confirm whether it comes to represent Slovakia in mid-April to Barážové duel to participate in the second. World Group Fed Cup against Sweden. "Everything is still open," she said.

It's a nice achievement of Daniela to get to $10 million although to an extent it is a reflection of inflation. Apparently some of that's ended up in a Swiss bank account with HSBC.

Site Admin
PostPosted: 30. March 2015 23:39 

Local Time:
She is confirmed for Marrakech and imo could try Katowice. Charleston is also an option but has a slightly stronger field and it's not sure that Daniela would receive a wild card.
As for Miami, Daniela could have beaten Bencic had she avoided some sloppy errors in key moments and if she had been more aggressive on return. Bencic's 2nd serve was easily attackable.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 1. April 2015 04:26 

Local Time:
Of the 48 players that reached the $10 million mark before Daniela, 28 are women, so of course she's #29. Several of them made a lot of their earnings in the 1990's and early 2000's (Davenport, Seles, Hingis, to name a few). This is somewhat fascinating, considering how until the last few years, it was a constant complaint of WTA members that the men got paid more and it should be equal. Call it another example of never let the facts get in the way of a good story/talking point.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 4. April 2015 22:35 

Local Time:
So no Daniela in Charleston :s...anyone know where she is the next couple of weeks?

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 5. April 2015 13:27 

Local Time:
It's a wee bit of a surprise that Daniela's not playing Charleston as she's always played the green clay tournament after Miami when she's been fit since 2007 and she has quite a few points to defend. Katowice would also have been a good tournament to enter as Daniela would have been seeded and the field isn't that strong so Daniela could have had a good run there. I think she could be injured or at least in need of a rest as it's unusual for her not to play this week.

The next time Daniela's likely to play is the Fed Cup. Slovakia will really need Daniela for that as Cibulkova's injured, Cepelova's totally out of form and Rybarikova's always terrible in the Fed Cup. It's a relegation play-off at home against Sweden and apart from Larsson, Sweden aren't that strong so I'd really have to favour Slovakia at home if Daniela's fit and playing well. I don't know if she's play Stuttgart or not as the field there is really strong and Daniela may need a wildcard to get in and qualifying would be at the same time as Fed Cup. Probably her next tournament would be Marrakech as Daniela has points to defend there and she'd be seeded.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 12. April 2015 19:29 

Local Time:
I saw that our cast-iron stomachs got tested this week. Karin Knapp paired up in doubles with someone I never heard of in the tourney in Poland. Naturally, they reached the final. But they did not win. Phew.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 12. April 2015 21:31 

Local Time:
Karolina Schmeidlova won Katowice for her first title so that's great for her and she'll have a lot of confidence for the Fed Cup at the weekend. She's the second Slovakian woman to win a title this year after Daniela while Martin Klizan won in Casablanca.

I'm sure you'll be delighted that Martina Hingis won the doubles in Charleston, Alex.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 12. April 2015 23:15 

Local Time:
I'm sure you'll be delighted that Martina Hingis won the doubles in Charleston, Alex.

Party time in New York, Chungwit! Hey, she needed the #1 doubles player in the world to help her. Mirza became the first India native to be #1 in singles or doubles.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 13. April 2015 15:29 

Local Time:
I've honestly got to say that I don't really care how Hingis does these days, mainly because she's got a top doubles player to help her out so she's as good as Gisela Dulko or Bethanie Mattek-Sands. A lot of the time when Hingis was with Daniela she was terrible, especially at the US Open, but she's had a lot more match practice since and will have trained a lot more so that will have raised her level. It would have been interesting to see how Daniela could have done with Hradecka, Hlavackova, Hsieh and Vesnina in 2013 as they all won slams that year but she never really got the chance and they'd all have been a much better partner for Daniela than Hingis. I'd like Daniela to play with Andrea Hlavackova.

Talking about Charleston winners, I was pissed off that Kerber won because she's a cheating bitch. I want her to be coached by Nigel Sears, that's what I think of Kerber.

I'd always felt your view on Daniela's doubles partners was similar to Gore Vidal's vis-a-vis his friends, Alex.

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3