Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: BNP Paribas Open, Indian Wells
PostPosted: 14. March 2015 16:06 

Local Time:
|20. April 2024| 05:43
A good win in doubles for Daniela & Karin and a nice one too as Goerges and Groenefeld are pretty decent doubles players. Muguruza & Suarez Navarro are one of the top teams and got to the Dubai final in their last tournament so they're in form and this will be a very tough match.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 15. March 2015 00:29 

Local Time:
|20. April 2024| 00:43
Yes! Daniela and Karin, 6-3, 7-6. In the tiebreaker, they pitched a 7-0 shutout. What have we here, guys?
I need to research this, but I cannot recall Dani winning two doubles matches in a row in a long time. Quite sure that it predates the Hingis experiment. It's possibly even longer since she won in doubles over a seeded, solid team. Has she finally found the right partner? Is there some magic left for Dani at Indian Wells? As I said on FB, there's more than one way to get a third win there!
This was not without the requisite Maalox moments. With the team having not lost serve the whole match and up 4-3, Dani was broken at love. Then after getting the break back, Knapp, serving for the match, also dropped it at love. They proceeded to overcome 0-40 to force a deciding point, only to lose it to fall behind 6-5. But Daniela held her nerve and her serve, and then came the romp in the tiebreaker. Can't wait to see where this pairing might go! :D

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 15. March 2015 00:50 

Local Time:
A really good win in the doubles and a very nice surprise too as I thought that Muguruza & Suarez Navarro would be too strong but Daniela and Karin have beaten them in only their second tournament together. It's been a while since Daniela's had a good win in doubles and this is her best result for a long time. She seems to get on well with Karin and they have fun together so they should stay together and build a partnership.

Keys beat Koukalova fairly easily so it looks like Koukalova used up all her good form against Daniela while Daniela was saving herself for doubles. You just know that Koukalova will be terrible until the next time she plays Daniela.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 15. March 2015 01:43 

Local Time:
|20. April 2024| 06:43
Welcome back martin-you've been missed. Life can get in the way,as I've discovered over the last few weeks. Thrilled with Pattaya win,disappointed that she doesn't seem to be able to play well at Indian Wells,hope she can salvage something in the doubles.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 15. March 2015 01:53 

Local Time:
Wow what a great partnership Knapp and Daniela has the potential to be!

Definitely did not expect for them to reach at quarters here.

Would be amazing if Daniela was to win the singles and doubles here at Indian Wells at some point in her career, then she'd only need to win Miami Singles to have won all 4 events at these back to back US Hardcourt events :lol: LOL! Hey I can dream!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 15. March 2015 04:56 

Local Time:
Hoping that all is OK with you, Benji.

To keep this dream alive, Daniela and Karin must handle #1 seeds Murza and the dreaded Hingis.
Why not?

Let's Go, Daniela!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 15. March 2015 05:11 

Local Time:
It's her Pattaya win what re-sparked my interest in tennis.

I'm happy to see you back, Martin. I have related this before, but it was the 2011 Pattaya win that kick-started me. I go back to 2006 rooting for Daniela, but between '08 and '10 it was much more on a casual basis. After that wacky, amazing win over Zvonereva in Thailand, followed by her dominating finals win over Errani, that's when I became a Daniela Maniac. So what you said about her win last month, I very well can identify with. May Dani have a few more wins in her!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 16. March 2015 18:27 

Local Time:
Non-related but interesting: World Team Tennis held its draft today. Daniela is not listed on anyone's roster, much less San Diego's. Maybe I'm not seeing something, but at the moment it looks like this was a one year fling.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 17. March 2015 00:42 

Local Time:
World Team Tennis was fun to follow while Daniela did it but I won't bother now she's not doing it, not that I followed it before. I'm sure she had a good experience doing it last year but her results in the second half of last year were terrible as I'm sure the constant travelling would have taken a toll. Daniela'll be 32 next month so rest and recuperation will be important and she wouldn't have too much chance in WTT.

Apparently John Lloyd is going to be San Diego coach this year, Andy Murray thought he was an imbecilic moron when they were on the Great Britain Davis Cup team, so Daniela should definitely avoid him.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 17. March 2015 02:44 

Local Time:
Dani looks to again be a thorn in the side of Hingis tomorrow. Stadium 4, 2nd match after a men's doubles. Play begins soon after 12:30 P.M. in California.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 18. March 2015 00:03 

Local Time:
Daniela & Karin lost 6-4 6-2 to Hingis & Mirza. Hingis and Mirza were strong on serve with more 1st serves in and they won a higher percentage of first and second serve points and won a lot of the clutch points. They were 5/6 on BPs while Daniela & Karin were 2/4. Still, it's a good showing for Daniela & Karin here getting to the quarter-final and beating the no. 5 seeds along the way. We'll see what they can do in Miami and hopefully they can stay together for a while and build up a partnership.

Amazing how Hingis's serve is so much better now than when she was with Daniela and double faulting matches away like at the US Open.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 18. March 2015 01:02 

Local Time:
Falderal. The frustrating thing is that Daniela and Karin jumped out 3-0, then broke for a 4-2 lead. From that point forward they got blitzed. Realistically, they did do well and it was a bit much to expect them to take out the #1 seeds in their second tourney as a team. Way too soon to know, but I see enough to hope that Karin is the person that can help Dani get the elusive 10th career doubles title. If I go by the photo of the hug they exchanged after the 1st round win and the look on Daniela's face, this might be a partnership that lasts awhile.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 18. March 2015 02:04 

Local Time:
I think Karen has a calming influence on Daniela...I've always liked her demeanor :)

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 18. March 2015 20:09 

Local Time:
Daniela & Karin are friends off-court so that helps a lot. Daniela was friends with Ai & Agnieszka Radwanska and they've been her most successful recent partnerships. I got the impression that some of Daniela's partnerships were strictly, or at least mostly, business and there wasn't much chemistry between Daniela and her partner.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 18. March 2015 23:14 

Local Time:
Considering that Ai and Aga were Daniela's most successful partners, is there any way we can get Karin to change her first name to something that begins with A? :roll:

Let's Go, Daniela!

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next