Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: PTT Thailand Open, Pattaya
PostPosted: 11. February 2015 16:45 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 11:16
Daniela's the second match on Court 1, play starts at 3pm.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 11. February 2015 17:11 

Local Time:

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 12. February 2015 14:08 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 12:16
Great win for Daniela 76(5) 62.

The first set was crucial and then Zheng needed an injury timeout.

QF vs Duan...never heard...semi-final here would be amazing

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 12. February 2015 14:08 

Local Time:

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 12. February 2015 16:33 

Local Time:
Another good win for Daniela here. The first set was a battle as she was was 0-2 down then got broken when serving for the set at 5-4 but when she won the tiebreak she was able to win the second set fairly comfortably. It's a good sign that Daniela's been dominant in the final set of her matches.

"We played each other in our last tournament, in Australia, so I knew it was going to be a tough match and the first set was very close," Hantuchova said. "But I kept going for my shots and I played a solid game - much better than the first round.

Zheng was hampered by a thigh injury in the second set, but Hantuchova was wary not to let her guard down at any stage: "I could see she was struggling and I knew it was just important to stay focused and not think too much about it."

Duan's big at 6'1" (1.85m) & 185lbs (84kg) and she's 21. She beat Date Krumm twice in 2013 and she beat Paszek in Australian Open qualifying and Arvidsson in US Open qualifying. Zheng Saisai beat her in Hong Kong last year. This year she's lost to Kvitova in Shenzhen & Mattek-Sands at the Australian Open. Dan has to be respected but Daniela's got to be favoured and this is a good opportunity for her but she has to focus on getting past Duan.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 12. February 2015 16:37 

Local Time:

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 12. February 2015 17:58 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 06:16
This is becoming so enjoyable! Back-to-back wins for the first time since last year's French Open. The up-to-the-minute Tennis Temple rankings have Daniela already up 10 spots, and she can pass a flock more with another win tomorrow. Both days now I awakened just in time to miss all the bad/scary parts and enjoy the good ones. It was 5-6 Daniela serving when I picked it up, so I got one scare when she went from 5-2 in the tiebreak to 6-5, but the rest was such good sport! (thanks, Chungwit, for confirming what I thought, that Dani was in some big trouble in the first.) Why stop now? Geaux, Daniela!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 13. February 2015 03:36 

Local Time:
Well the extra good news is that Carlos Rodriguez is there with Daniela this week :) Let's see if it makes a really big difference.

How do you know that? I watch the match on TV noticed in the players box just saw her coach John-Laffnie deJager and the woman in the photo with her from Dubai :-? Carlos Rodriguez is not there.

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 13. February 2015 09:18 

Local Time:
Well the extra good news is that Carlos Rodriguez is there with Daniela this week :) Let's see if it makes a really big difference.

How do you know that? I watch the match on TV noticed in the players box just saw her coach John-Laffnie deJager and the woman in the photo with her from Dubai :-? Carlos Rodriguez is not there.

Hey, do you know if there is a stream?

"My new years resolution is to be a better person and help others as much as I can."
- Daniela Hantuchova[/color]

6 Career titles:
Indian Wells 2002
Indian Wells 2007
Linz, Austria 2007
Pattaya City 2011
Pattaya City 2012
Birmingham 2013

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 13. February 2015 09:20 

Local Time:

Hey, do you know if there is a stream?

"My new years resolution is to be a better person and help others as much as I can."
- Daniela Hantuchova[/color]

6 Career titles:
Indian Wells 2002
Indian Wells 2007
Linz, Austria 2007
Pattaya City 2011
Pattaya City 2012
Birmingham 2013

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 13. February 2015 14:56 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 10:16
Great win 6-3, 6-0, although I doubt that it was the greatest match of her career:

3 aces to 3 DF, only 54% of 1st serves, winning only 59% of them - we've all seen her do better.

Nontheless, impressive victory and, 3 wins in a row! :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Next up Erakovic, with whom Daniela has a H2H of 2-2, winning the last match in Paris last year by 6-3 3-0.

She will probably need to step up her game a bit but I would say that a finale is at her reach in here.

And, she is currently number 59 in the rankings:

59 Daniela Hantuchova SVK 865 +14 Pattaya City SF

If she wins the tournament, she will be back on TOP50!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 13. February 2015 16:36 

Local Time:
Another good win by Daniela. Admittedly Duan is someone that she should beat easily but you never know what can happen so it's always good when Daniela has such a comfortable win. This will give Daniela momentum and confidence and she'll be fresh for the semi.

Erakovic will be tough as she's beaten Daniela before and she's coached by Eduardo Nicolas, who'll be able to give her a lot of insight into Daniela.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 13. February 2015 16:38 

Local Time:
Daniela's the first match on Court 1, play starts at 4pm.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 13. February 2015 19:27 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 06:16
Slept through this one, guys. Shame on me for 6 weeks. Sure loved what I saw after waking!
How do we know that Mr. Rodriguez is there this week? I dunno...3 straight wins, last 3 sets 18-5, last one a bagel...not sure Sherlock Holmes is needed.
Crazy how close we came to a rematch of the 2011 semi with Zoner, otherwise known as "I read your lips...You musn't say that naughty Russian word!" :lol:
I'm trying very hard to keep low key on what's going on here. Erakovic is no picnic for Dani. I don't even know who's in the other semi. One step at a time.
Tennis Temple has Daniela at #57. Wow. Keep on rolling young lady!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 13. February 2015 20:00 

Local Time:
Tennis: Hantuchova after advancement to the semifinals in Pattaya: "It took place'm super match"

Hantuchova went home match, when twice broke the administration grueling and built a lead 5: 1. Chinese woman in the next minutes has been reduced to 3: 5, however, the conclusion set belonged to Slovakia. Second Act was fully directed Hantuchova, who Jing-Jing Duan has dealt "canary". "I am pleased that I was the first time this year, advanced to the semifinals. It took place'm super match, today I did on the court all that I had. It went easier than I expected. I grueling tournament before that too did not know, but in Pattaya I looked at it a bit. It is a young Chinese woman, high scores bombs. Tactically I was at this meeting well prepared. Pattaya always feel very well. I like the fast pace and very challenging conditions - heat and humidity, "she told TASR Former world number five.

Against Erakovic expects challenging game. "I saw part of her quarterfinal duel against Russia Vere Zvonariovovej. Marina are also plays very well suits the surface, Quality Service, plays hard knocks. It will be a tough match, but I'm looking forward to it and try to win," said Hantuchova, who was last in the semifinals last April on clay in Marrakech Moroccan. After the tournament in Pattaya can return to the elite world of fifty.

@ google translate

Hantuchova, who won in Pattaya City in 2011 and 2012, got back into the semifinals of one of her favorite stops with a dominant 6-3, 6-0 win over China's Duan Ying-Ying. She needed just 59 minutes.

Hantuchova is now through to her first WTA semifinal since Marrakech last April.

"It's nice to be in another semifinal," she said. "Obviously I always enjoy playing here."

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next