Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: PTT Thailand Open, Pattaya
PostPosted: 6. February 2015 22:46 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 13:56
Dates: 9 - 15 February, 2015 image
Venue: Pattaya City, Thailand
Tier: International
Prize Money: $250,000
Surface: Hard/Outdoors
Tournament Director: Geoffrey Rowe

Official website: www.pentanglepromotions.com/Ptt-Pattaya-Open-2015

Last Appearance: 2013 2nd round. Lost to Nina Bratchikova 6-2 3-0 retired. Champion in 2011 & 2012.

Singles:
1R: Daniela Hantuchova bt [3] Zarina Diyas (KAZ) 1-6 6-3 6-1
2R: Daniela Hantuchova bt Zheng Saisai (CHN) 7-6(5) 6-2
QF: Daniela Hantuchova bt Duan Ying-Ying (CHN) 6-3 6-0
SF: Daniela Hantuchova bt Marina Erakovic (NZL) 4-6 6-3 7-6(3)
F: Daniela Hantuchova bt Ajla Tomljanovic (CRO) 3-6 6-3 6-4

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: PTT Thailand Open, Pattaya
PostPosted: 6. February 2015 22:48 

Local Time:

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 6. February 2015 22:59 

Local Time:
We'll see how Daniela does here. There isn't a really outstanding player in the draw but there are a lot of good players and a lot of the players here have beaten Daniela so she can't overlook anyone. Coming back to a place where she's had so much success in the past can inspire her and I don't think anyone will want to play her. It would be wonderful if she could do as well as she did in 2011 & 2012.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 7. February 2015 20:54 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 08:56
Hoping for a hat trick for Dani!

Daniela's choice to skip Fed Cup appears to have had a Pied Piper effect. Domi and Cepalova passed it up as well. First round ended 1-all. Anna Schmeidlova beat Bertens.

(Spoiler alert for Chungwit so he can have smelling salts nearby.)

Rus beat Rybarikova.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 8. February 2015 16:24 

Local Time:
Daniela's got 3rd seed Zarina Diyas in the first round so that's a tough opener. If she gets past Diyas, Daniela will play either Zheng Saisai or a qualifier so it looks like she's setting up rematches from Australia. Diyas will be a tough opponent though and she beat Daniela in Hobart but that was Hobart and this is Pattaya.

MDS.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 8. February 2015 19:31 

Local Time:
I imagine neither player is overly thrilled with this draw. Wishing for Dani to show more improvement against young bombers as she did in the second set against Muguruza. Having faced Diyas so recently can be an edge for the experienced Daniela, and she has sort of a home court advantage. Some good reasons for hope here.
So often Daniela waxes poetic about the Fed Cup title she helped her country win. I don't know now if she'll ever get another one. Slovakia was wiped out today by Holland, 4-1.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 8. February 2015 20:03 

Local Time:
The Fed Cup result is very disappointing. Schmiedlova did as well as she could reasonably be expected to do given her ranking and experience as she won one match and she was up a break at 4-3 in the third against Rus before losing 6-4. It's good experience for her and she can learn from this. Rybarikova also did as well as expected and lost both her matches and Bertens was saying that all she did was wait for Rybarikova to make an error. At the same time Slovakia were without their three best players. Cibulkova's playing in Antwerp next week and I can't believe that Bertens or Rus would have taken too much out of her. Daniela's never been the same player since she won that tie against Spain with a broken foot three years ago so I don't blame her for skipping Fed Cup because she's given so much in it. Cepelova wasn't available either and I'm pretty sure she'd have done well. Tereza Mihalikova, who won the Australian Open Juniors, would have been a better choice than Rybarikova.

Slovakia will play Paraguay, Belarus, Sweden or Japan in the relegation play off.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 9. February 2015 18:28 

Local Time:
Daniela's the fourth match on Court 1, play starts at 2pm.

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 10. February 2015 14:18 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 07:56
woke up early this AM to see Daniela down 0 5 in set one which she lost1 6. I thought crapthis is NOT good.
Daniela won second set 6 3 now leads 3rd set 5 1. Sucks to have to watch LiveScore rather than streaming.

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 10. February 2015 14:18 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 07:56
woke up early this AM to see Daniela down 0 5 in set one which she lost1 6. I thought crapthis is NOT good.
Daniela won second set 6 3 now leads 3rd set 5 1. Sucks to have to watch LiveScore rather than streaming.

Just won it 6 1!!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 10. February 2015 14:23 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 14:56
Wonderful comeback win!!!

And great revenge from Hobart disaster!!!

Diyas is clearly a tricky opponent as she is so consistent.

Next up Zhang who Daniela beat in Australia. Would be great for Daniela to finally get back to back wins :)

Most importantly Daniela is fighting hard in her matches and has not lost a first round so far...yet which in my opinion is always worth having played a tournament :)

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 10. February 2015 16:27 

Local Time:
Absolutely fantastic win by Daniela, she showed all her desire and skill to fight back from a thrashing in the first set to win the match going away. The manner of the win is so impressive as this is the first time in a while that she's actually won form a set down. She used to win an awful lot of matches from a set down and Daniela's shown that she's still got it. This is fantastic and now Daniela can go on a run although Daniela has to respect Zheng.

In the evening match, two-time champion Daniela Hantuchova rolled back the years to upset No.3 seed Zarina Diyas, 1-6, 6-3, 6-1. Hantuchova took home the title in 2011 and 2012, but since then has slipped out of the Top 50.

Having lost to Diyas earlier this year in Hobart, the Slovak rallied after a sluggish start to exact revenge in impressive fashion. "We played in Hobart, and I lost to her, so I really wanted to prove that I can play much better than that," Hantuchova said. "She's a great player and I respect her a lot. It was a tough draw, but I'm really happy to be through.

"I'm happy with how I played - especially in the second and third sets. I started a little bit slow and it's never easy on this kind of surface because everything can change so quickly."

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 10. February 2015 18:06 

Local Time:
Daniela decisively decimated Diyas! Best win in a couple of years (forget Errani)!
Misjudged the starting time and awoke after the first set. Seeing that Daniela had won the first game of set 2, I figured I'm glad I missed the bad part, let's root her home now. With Let's Go Daniela constantly ringing through my head along with Chicago's Feeling Stronger Every Day, I was able to thoroughly enjoy what followed. Daniela won 9 of the last 10 games. The key ones were her break at 4-3 in the second, another at 1-all in the third after getting broken, and a hold at 4-1, where Diyas made her last stand. Dani fended off 4 break points and held, and easily broke in the last game, winning on the second match point.
Daniela's first serve was yucky, but she converted 14-29 on 2nd serve. By far the best stat was 6-7 converting break points. Dani finally overcame one of the young bombers, and broke Diyas in her last five service games. :D
Fabulous! Dare I start to really get excited?

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 10. February 2015 22:56 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 14:56
Well the extra good news is that Carlos Rodriguez is there with Daniela this week :) Let's see if it makes a really big difference.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 11. February 2015 01:52 

Local Time:
Well the extra good news is that Carlos Rodriguez is there with Daniela this week :) Let's see if it makes a really big difference.

That makes me feel a bit more optimistic about how Daniela can do this week, you know she's in good hands. Hopefully Carlos will be able to make it for a few more tournaments.

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next