Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Enter your Message here

Career Grand Slam
 Post subject: Re: Hobart International, Hobart
PostPosted: 15. January 2015 06:36 

Local Time:
|17. April 2024| 20:08
I'm wondering how much help Annie Sullivan...oops...Carlos can really be if he doesn't travel with Dani. From your account, eddy, and just from my own sense following this match on WTA livescore, any positive changes he made which were evident against Errani are already out the window. Daniela possibly felt that way as she kept dropping serve, which could have something to do with a poor attitude late in the match. I always like to say that when things look bleakest, Daniela will shock us with a win or a deep run. And I won't stop feeling that yet. But the day is coming where that's over with. Please let it be that it hasn't already arrived.

Gee, guess what? Riske walloped Diyas, 6-3 6-0. What cast iron stomachs we have in the Forum.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 15. January 2015 13:55 

Local Time:
|18. April 2024| 01:08
This is really disappointing as this tournament was a great chance for Daniela to go on a run but it wasn't to be. What's worse is that Daniela lost this match through her own errors rather than anything spectacular from Diyas. This would have been a little easier to take if Diyas hadn't been thrashed in her next match by Riske. Daniela's second serve was a big weakness again as she only won 27% (6/22) and she got broken 5/10 times. Just like against Hogenkamp Daniela couldn't convert Bps as she only won 2/10. She has to do better on her second serve to beat anyone decent and she has to take BPs.

I don't know if this match being on an outside court was a factor because in both tournaments this year Daniela's had a straight sets win on Centre Court in the first round and then she's lost the second round match on the second court. I wonder about her motivation here playing on an outside court, having to play two matches in one day and with he Australian Open coming up. Both of Daniela's losses this year are similar as she had a terrible second serve only winning about a quarter of them and lost the last set 6-1. Her second serve has to be better and she has to win more of her Bps as she was only 4/22 this tournament.

There was no sign of the knee injury that plagued her last year, her worst season in 10 years.

After a fascinating baseline battle in the opening set, Hantuchova was unable to deal with the power of the Diyas serve and forehand in the second.

Hantuchova said afterwards that despite the defeat, she’s determined to have a good 2015. “I just want to give my best every day and see where that takes me,” she said.

Thanks for the livescores and report, eddy.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 15. January 2015 15:46 

Local Time:
|17. April 2024| 21:08
So the good form lasted one match and one set... ugh, Daniela.

I'll just hang in there and take every win as a nice surprise.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 16. January 2015 00:08 

Local Time:
|17. April 2024| 20:08
[quote="chungwit"

After a fascinating baseline battle in the opening set, Hantuchova was unable to deal with the power of the Diyas serve and forehand in the second.
quote]

That's scary, because nothing's changed. All last year, Daniela lost to nearly everyone who serves hard and plays a power game. It's looking like she beat Errani because no matter what she might be on, her serve is famously mush. And in that match, as glorious as the highlights were, they showed Dani hitting 100 mph on just one serve, everything else in the 90's. This is extremely worrisome.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3