Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: Australian Open, Melbourne
PostPosted: 15. January 2014 10:20 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 13:46
Daniela & Leander Paes play Alja Tomljanovic & Matthew Ebden in the mixed doubles first round.

Mixed doubles draw:

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 15. January 2014 12:26 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 14:46
:lol:

Australian fan at the match reports that Karolina decided to play baseball on those 3 BP's at 8-8 and sent 5 balls in a row straight into the backboards(via tennisforum).

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 15. January 2014 13:19 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 09:46
I don't know if I am glad to wake up to this result having avoided the live anxiety, or if I am sad I missed the excitement.

Anyways, well done Daniela, mission and points accomplished! Hope she can battle Serena a bit and that she can go deep in the doubles!

:D :D :D :D

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 15. January 2014 16:52 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 08:46
I don't know if I am glad to wake up to this result having avoided the live anxiety, or if I am sad I missed the excitement.

Believe me, this was beyond Pepto Bismol!
Research time, guys, with Serena next. First, I find that Daniela has won more 3 setters than any other active tour player!
It was Daniela's win over Serena in the '06 AO that started my fanship of her. We recall that Dani clinched the match in a 2nd set tiebreaker. In Serena's illustrious career, as of today she has played in 754 singles matches, winning 642, with a goodly number of them her patented comebacks from first set losses. On the day Daniela beat her (1/19/06), had she dropped that tiebreaker, no one would have given a plugged nickel for her chances, and she had long since been saddled with the mentally fragile tag. Of course, she made her detractors eat those words that day. What I found was that, of her 112 career defeats, Serena has lost a match in a 2nd set tiebreaker a grand total of 6 times! And 3 of those were to Venus. I am tickled pink that Dani is getting another chance to face Serena. Who knows? ;)

Let's Go, Daniela!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 15. January 2014 23:12 

Local Time:
While I don't think Daniela will make a dent on Serena, I do hope she goes and plays freely. Her only win against Serena came to a very erratic opponent, though she seized her chance and ran away with it (let's forget when she was beaten by a one-legged Serena).

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 15. January 2014 23:20 

Local Time:
Hantuchova match was in the scorching heat and without lengthy exchanges
Released today at 19:24
A happy villages no. 13 at Melbourne Park At first it was not inter enthusiast or soul. Who would be in 42-degree heat was sitting on a hot seat? Coaches female players, friends, fanatics?

MELBOURNE. In the match with Daniela Hantuchova Karolina Pliskova we almost did not see many exchanges. Played sparingly for winning strokes. The third set lasted nearly two hours, so after 193 minutes, it came not only clouds and enjoyable atmosphere.

Hantuchova it could all end early, leading 3-1, but lost a counterattack. State for 8:7 and 40:15 from becoming two mečbaly on income. Then at 0:40, and 8:8 state faced a major threat Plisková and converted to fifth match point at 12:10.

Confirmed the position of world number one with a total of trojsetových matches played (296) and wins trojsetových (balance 181:115). On Friday the 3rd tackle Bike ingenuity and Serena Williams. Immediately after the game we talked with Daniela.

This love Australia so much that you like there to run around their villages each turn in heat three sets and today has nearly three and a half hours?
"Looks like I'm not vain out on top trojsetových matches. Similarly, it also shows my condition, conscientious preparation and a great will. I can always rely on it in difficult times. "

It could be terminated earlier and save power?
"I must admit that today precisely Carolina fired, benefited from the incredible speed of the surface and I do not recall that I except one rozehraného mečbalu some ruined. Always there claim filed and striked the first or second strike. Meet her the courts, in the first round broke Parmentier 12:1. I was waiting for such a quick tennis. "

How does it feel to be the highest of the active female players in trojsetovej balance and 6th place the Australian Open with a 28:13 balance?
"A great feeling. I see that it is worth sacrificing a lot of preparation and training. Then the professionalism sometimes reflected in these results. I wish they were even better. "

With Serena Williams while playing a 1:8, but in Melbourne it 1-0. It could not be increased on Friday?
"I would certainly be very happy. It will not be easy, Serena is still an excellent player of particular major tournaments. I remember the year 2006 , it was the only victory, but otherwise I often just Williams sisters stood in the way the grandslamoch. How many times I even felt good form, but one of the nurses came to me in the way in the fourth-fifth round and I went home. With Venus we go about 1:10, but the match with Serena am really pleased and have nothing to lose. "

The more you can explain that Serena despite all ages still wins the grueling?
"I guess it's just in her physical needs, the shots are incredibly punchy and fast. We greatly assisted administration. It needs to be well read and return, otherwise you have little chance. The tickets you nenavyberám. Need to play against whom it comes. "

In addition to winning the match in the round in Melbourne 6:1, 7:6, for which he and most remember where you were the closest to victory?
"Wimbledon 2007. Serena was left too long nurse, was injured and I would have such a struggle we ALL INJURIES. Let her play and I'm already in the third set not follow through. "

@ google translate

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 15. January 2014 23:46 

Local Time:
Some esoteric info: Daniela was told during an interview posted here in the Forum that the 3rd set yesterday was the longest so far in the tournament. Checking her career records, it is the 4th time that our gal has gone overtime in a 3rd set in a major, and it ties her longest one ever (12-10 loss at Wimbledon '03; I believe that the time she cried on court during play……it took years and years before she heard the end of that). The two others came in Paris (9-7 loss in '03, 10-8 win in '06). So Daniela evened her record in the ultimate Danielathons.
What do you guys think of the win 3rd set by 2? I feel it's as archaic as a dial telephone. Some stuffed shirt must have come up with this 150 years ago in the interest of fair play and it's never changed. Except in New York. I well recall loud wailing and gnashing of teeth when US Open went to the 3rd set tiebreaker. Does anyone ever object to it now? We're long since used to it, and it's what the players are familiar with. It is one thing to have in Paris and Wimbledon, where hot weather is rarely an issue. To keep it in 100 degree plus heat in Melbourne is kind of mind boggling. It would not bother me one bit if this rule was 86ed forever.(And I'm saying this after Daniela won.) What do you say?

Let's Go, Daniela!

Tier IV Title Holder
PostPosted: 16. January 2014 03:42 

Local Time:
Nynascar-so did ESPN show the final games live? What was Danielas reaxtonr when she won? Was it a winner to finish? So lucky to be able to watch the final moments!!

Incredible fight from Daniela. It makes the Glushko matchseem like a double bagel :p

They showed a few points from a couple of games once it got to 10-10; but there was a men's match in a fourth-set tiebreaker at the same time on a normal TV court that was their main focus during the last game, so they only showed the match points. And be it because of the double fault to win or just the heat, there really wasn't much of a celebration.

What do you guys think of the win 3rd set by 2? I feel it's as archaic as a dial telephone. Some stuffed shirt must have come up with this 150 years ago in the interest of fair play and it's never changed. Except in New York. I well recall loud wailing and gnashing of teeth when US Open went to the 3rd set tiebreaker. Does anyone ever object to it now? We're long since used to it, and it's what the players are familiar with. It is one thing to have in Paris and Wimbledon, where hot weather is rarely an issue. To keep it in 100 degree plus heat in Melbourne is kind of mind boggling. It would not bother me one bit if this rule was 86ed forever.(And I'm saying this after Daniela won.) What do you say?

I love that they can play on all the way to a game 138. I feel the same way about a multi-OT NHL playoff game that goes deep into the early morning: the longer the better. 106º does give me pause, but then there's normal 5-set matches out there going just as long.

Profile WWW

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 16. January 2014 07:22 

Local Time:
Daniela's doubles match was called off with the extreme heat rule placed in effect, suspending play for hours on all outside courts. That's OK for today, but can't you see her having to play doubles in the early afternoon (with no relief in sight until Friday) and then Serena at night? We'll see, but I would not look for Queen Serena ending up getting inconvenienced. (Her doubles match was also postponed.)

Let's Go, Daniela!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 16. January 2014 12:24 

Local Time:
First up on Rod Laver Arena tomorrow. Best of British luck,and as the saying goes don't die wondering.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 16. January 2014 13:18 

Local Time:
Daniela's doubles match is last on Court 6 after 2 women's & a men's match.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 16. January 2014 20:20 

Local Time:
can't you see her having to play doubles in the early afternoon (with no relief in sight until Friday) and then Serena at night? We'll see, but I would not look for Queen Serena ending up getting inconvenienced. (Her doubles match was also postponed.)

So I was wrong. And I'm glad. First match up, 7:15 PM, prime time in New York! I'll be in front of a TV with bells on!
Since she beat Kvitova last year, Daniela has only faced 4 top 10 players, and the only one that had a spotlight on it was Azarenka at US Open. Ergo, I'm really happy she is getting this chance. We, and Dani, will have a better idea of where she is after today. While she has always trained and practiced hard, it seems to me that in this off-season the hard work was stepped up a number of notches, and it certainly showed in the last 2 matches. This could be a big year for our gal, and this will show how much more needs to be done, or maybe something a lot better!
Now, as whacked out a Maniac as I am, I am not going beyond brazen and predicting victory. We're realists here. I will say that it's intriguing that Serena has done a little whining about the heat, while Daniela's comments make you think she's almost reveling in it. A strong showing, maybe 6-3 6-4 with some really nice winners sprinkled throughout would be satisfying to me. 2 things would not. One, of course, is a double bagel or a 6-1 6-2 one sided affair. The other would be Daniela having an actual chance to win and not get it done. That would make me cry.
And I know it's not '06 and that Serena was quite messed up at that point. But it was a 3rd round match, just like today, and she blew her previous opponent away in that year's 2nd round (take it a bit further....Venus bombed her 2nd round opponent away at Eastbourne in 2011 before Dani got her first ever win over her....in the 3rd round :o ). I watched highlights of the '06 match last night. Serena made some great shots, Daniela was simply better that day, and it was a treat to watch her jump for joy after match point. May we be so fortunate to see that again today.
Daniela so often answers inquiries about her next opponent with "I have nothing to lose" that I think she'd say that if I was going to play against her! :lol: But it has never been more true than today. Zero expectations. Play with abandon, Daniela, and bring the heat!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 16. January 2014 22:50 

Local Time:
God, those comments Daniel a made of Serena are a bit silly. Hope Serena doesn't decide to punish her.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 16. January 2014 23:01 

Local Time:
God, those comments Daniel a made of Serena are a bit silly. Hope Serena doesn't decide to punish her.

Won't make a difference-Serena will be hungry to blast Daniela off court for the win whatever Daniela says. :?

Just want Daniela to enjoy herself out there and have no regrets. If Daniela can get off to a good start and snatch the first set, who knows what could happen. The longer the match goes on the better for Daniela.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 16. January 2014 23:29 

Local Time:
We'll just see how Daniela does. With the postponement of the doubles yesterday she at least had the day off to rest and recover from her marathon 2nd round match. Hopefully Daniela can be competitive and we'll see what happens.

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next