HAPPY BIRTHDAY DANIELA        Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next
Author Enter your Message here

hellene fan
 Post subject: Re: US Open, Flushing Meadows
PostPosted: 31. August 2013 20:45 

Local Time:
|27. April 2024| 15:41
totaly crazy 3rd set.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 31. August 2013 20:45 

Local Time:
|27. April 2024| 14:41
:wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav:
Oh my God, that was tense. Daniela showed amazing fighting spirit to win that one. She was tense and making errors and there were times that she was dead and buried like a set and 5-2 down and then when she had to save all these match points. This wasn't about skill, this was all about fighting spirit and determination and Daniela had these in abundance. There's winning ugly, this match was basically winning elephant man, but Daniela won.

Glushko was what would euphemistically be called feisty during the match but she was very gracious at the handshake and said "Good game" to Daniela even though she must have been hurting so much.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

hellene fan
PostPosted: 31. August 2013 20:48 

Local Time:
riske next.quess arthur ashe or louis armstrong.very nice,cant wait
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 31. August 2013 20:51 

Local Time:
I couldn't watch, it was too intense so I missed it from 4-4. Did anyone record it? I need to see that final half an hour!!

I literally don't think I'd be alive if I'd watched it, I'd have had a heart attack! So kudos to those who did!!

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 31. August 2013 21:10 

Local Time:
Why on earth did I think Daniela would cruise to a straight sets win? :lol:

I don't think Homer(of the Iliad book) could do justice to the topsy turvy nature of the match. Suffice it to say that the real Daniela emerged from her Achilles tent in the nick of time. :beer:

Now for a lie down,and several Valium.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 31. August 2013 21:22 

Local Time:
|27. April 2024| 09:41
OMG, did this ACTUALLY HAPPEN!!!? More later. Guys.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 31. August 2013 21:31 

Local Time:
OMG, did this ACTUALLY HAPPEN!!!? More later. Guys.

It did. I only watched the third set,and that was dramatic enough. Learnt later she was *2-5 down in the second,with shoulder problems to boot. Hope she's fit enough to play up to standard against Riske.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 31. August 2013 22:11 

Local Time:
Seriously is there no videos of her match at all? I'm so pissed off I didn't watch the last few games.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 31. August 2013 22:30 

Local Time:
Nothing on youtube yet, eddy, but it's only been an hour & a half since the match ended. It'll be more enjoyable to watch in retrospect.

That was She had the crowd against her, or rather the crowd was very partisan towards Glushko - I can only think that's because Glushko's Israeli and New York has a big Jewish population. Daniela was hurt and for big parts of that match was below her best, and she was under the cosh for so much of it. She was almost a set and 5-1 down but she saved a BP before winning the set from 2-5 down. This just showed how much heart Daniela has because so many players would have given up in the second set but Daniela kept fighting no matter what.

Even when she had the momentum totally ripped away from her and had to save 4 MPs After that I really thought that Glushko would fall away but she held and then Daniela had to serve to stay in the match which she did. Daniela was 2-1 down in the tiebreak having lost two points on serve but she won the next 5 points to get to 6-2 before clinching the match. This was a struggle against a lot of things but Daniela showed so much courage and desire to come through. What a woman.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 31. August 2013 22:44 

Local Time:
There's a crappy one minute highlight on the US Open website..but it doesn't tell the story at all, but at least the last match point :)

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 31. August 2013 23:08 

Local Time:
Tennis U.S. Open: Hantuchova turned 4 mečbaly and advanced to the eight (3

New York 31 August (TASR) - Slovak tennis player Daniela Hantuchova forwarded it to eight for the final Grand Slam of the season U.S. Open. Zverenka Spanish coach Eduardo Nicolas in Saturday's third round match defeated Israeli qualifier Julia Gluškovú drama after 2 hours and 46 minutes 3:6, 7:5 and 7:6 (4), when he turned four mečbaly. In eight encounters with domestic tennis player Alison Riskeovou, which went surprisingly knocked wear a seven, Czech Petra Kvitova 6:3, 6:0.

Hantuchova in the game fully capitalize on their extensive experience and proven resilience, it was able to turn around the state of 3:6 and 2:5. For the winner, the June WTA tournament in Birmingham it was already 13 Start at the U.S. Open. Her singles-peak at Flushing Meadows-finals in 2002, and two years ago fell last year in the first round.

"It certainly will be one of the most memorable matches and it is nice that happened on the court, where I won 7:6 against Justine Henin in the third, which for me is also one of the most beautiful. I'm Extremely happy, especially as I was fighting for every ball and not give up, even if it already looked all kinds of ways. sure I put everything into it," Hantuchova said in a conference call with the Slovak media.

Hantuchova lost just his first administration and its grueling got into the lead 2-0. Slovak Representative while quickly equalize at 2-2, but then again lost her service. Glušková again rebounded to two gems and won the first set 6-3. Izraelčanka-old benefited particularly from the administration of a well returnovala, while Hantuchova will serve initially very successfully and doing too many unforced errors. Of Slovakia at the beginning of the second set took grueling submission, but the other two gems were Gluškovej. Hantuchova and 1:2 for the state of requested treatment. The course had the upper hand Glušková, which led it 5-2, but the grueling did not give up and managed to cope. Then took a grueling submission counterattack confirmed victory in the next Geme and throughout the second set 7:5. Although the final act was very balanced. Hantuchova has developed a 3-0 lead, but Glušková to equalize 3-3. The dramatic conclusion when Hantuchova state for 4:5 away four mečbaly, finally decided to tie-break, which won the Slovakian 7:4.

"They decided the experience and stamina, because today the conditions were extremely difficult. Was terribly humid, I do not even remember. Indeed it was physically demanding and I think the endings I had a little more power. Match was decided on one, two golf balls. Glušková played really great, great stir was very unpleasant and played courageously. Certainly it was the hardest grueling, I've had this year," said Hantuchova and Commenting four avert mečbalov said: " I did it so oblivious. every ball I Do gave maximum and frankly the ones mečbaly or somehow do not remember. "

In eight encounters Alison Riskeovú. "After the match I have mostly recover and put together. This will be the most important. Riskeová playing tennis very annoying. Though I played with her on the grass, so it was very tight and fast. Moves well, plays such a typical American tennis," Hantuchova said.
@ google translate

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 31. August 2013 23:40 

Local Time:
I went to the match today and it was just awesome. I really thought she was going down so many times. The crowd was terrible always clapping at Dani's errors, which I think is classless. Daniela showed some brilliant tennis to win set 2 and in the early stages of the third. All in all a great match.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 1. September 2013 01:14 

Local Time:
|27. April 2024| 10:41
:wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav:

Better late than never. I'm not paying as much attention to the US open due to some personal problems, but it makes me really happy to see Daniela back in a GS second week!

Hope her shoulder is good to keep going.

What is the prospect of the next match?

Last edited by Helio on 1. September 2013 11:44, edited 1 time in total.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 1. September 2013 03:24 

Local Time:
WooooooooooooooooHoooooooooooooooooo!! :-P :) :wink: :wav: :wink: :banana:
This being a holiday weekend in these parts, we did family things the last couple of days. Yesterday we went to an amusement park called The Great Escape. Today it was the New York State Fair, and as part of that we saw some circus acts. I won't get into the costs. But those of you who watched this match got to see a circus and The Great(est) Escape for free!! :lol:
I just got home and read all your posts. You guys are priceless! Let me profer two thoughts: first, for all the torture and Tums consumption we do, this one is for us! :beer: But even more so, it's for Daniela. You get two of these, Dani! :beer: :beer: Any one of you who saw this whole thing deserve a world of credit. The person who accomplished this…she gets infinite credit!
Being away from home, it was crummy phone time, and it sure was spitting out crummy numbers. I did not know about the shoulder problems, but I knew she wasn't anywhere near her best. You know that I never get angry with Daniela. But when she got broke to lose the 1st, and at 1-3/2-4 in the 2nd, a couple of "dammit, Dani, what's going on here" thoughts did roll through my mind. I was aware of 3 of the 4 match points. Only a certified Daniela Maniac would do what I did once I saw 5-all in the 2nd; from that point forward, I unceasingly chanted Let's Go, Daniela in my head.
All right, it's three points I profer. We speak of Daniela's fighting spirit a lot. But when I see her compare this to a win over Henin, this one goes far beyond the usual platitudes. Daniela clearly wasn't leaving that court as the loser. So much was against her…playing an Israeli in New York, the humidity, her shoulder, almost being down 5-1 in the 2nd, the 4 MP's. This is one of her finest hours, guys.
Hopefully the shoulder will calm down with a day off. We know and she knows that Riske is a tough nut to crack, but that she has beaten her before. Round of 16, guys! And pretty much assured of reaching top 35. I'm enjoying the ride, no matter how wild it gets!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 1. September 2013 15:21 

Local Time:
|27. April 2024| 10:41
Did anyone record this?

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next