Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 16  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: US Open, Flushing Meadows
PostPosted: 30. August 2013 01:44 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 14:38
Singles 2nd round:

1-0, Daniela holds to 15.
1-1, Duval holds from15-40 on her 2nd GP.
1-2, Daniela broken from 30-0 losing the next 4 points.
2-2, Daniela comes back from 30-0 down to break on her 2nd BP.
3-2, Daniela holds to 0 with 2 aces.
4-2, Daniela break on her 2nd BP on a DF.
5-2, Daniela holds to 15.
6-2, Daniela breaks from 40-15 down on her first SP.

2nd set

1-0, Daniela holds to 30 from 0-30 down.
1-1, Duval holds to 30.
1-2, Daniela broken to 30 from 30-15 up.
2-2, Daniela break on her 4th BP. Duval saved the first 2 with netcords.
3-2, Daniela holds to 30.
3-3, Duval holds to 0 on errors by Daniela.
4-3, Daniela holds to 30.
5-3, Daniela breaks to 0.
6-3, Daniela serves out to 0. :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav:

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Tier IV Title Holder
PostPosted: 30. August 2013 01:51 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 09:38
That is one advantage of this court over #11: challenges.

Profile WWW

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 30. August 2013 01:54 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 15:38
Right there those two games was Daniela's career in a nutshell. 2bps on Duval's serve didn't take them and then got broken on first time of asking in the next game..facepalm...

Some good passage of play from Daniela, retrieving lots of balls to try and get an error from Duval.

5-2 up, but wow Duval can sure hit that ball..

6-2 That's a good solid start from Daniela.

Daniela serving first again in the 2nd set

Duval has gone off the court, after only 30 mins of play, wow only 17 years old and already gamesmanship.. :roll:

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 30. August 2013 02:18 

Local Time:
So far, so good. I can't see the match, but clearly, no matter how hard Duval hits it, she has to be struggling big time with serve. Dani could have broken her every time, and certainly did enough times. Here's hoping for more of the same in the 2nd.
2nd verse, same as the first at this moment, breaking back from 1-2 to get to.3-2 Keep a go, Dani!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Last edited by Alex Isabel on 30. August 2013 02:42, edited 1 time in total.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 30. August 2013 02:29 

Local Time:
Daniela not playing well at all to be honest..just got broken 1-2 :(

This is a big game, Daniela must break straight back or Duval will see daylight and gain confidence..

It's a very tricky balance to not be too passive but not go for too many big shots...I don't envy Daniela's position here, it's VERY
nervy..

Disgraceful crowd cheering a huge net chord that Duval gets on break point after a Daniela dropshot..shocking

Daniela breaks 2-2 must hold here Daniela.

4-3 Daniela, break here PLEASE YES BREAKS TO LOVE 5-3

Do it first time PLEASE

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Very professional match from Daniela, but she can play a lot better than that!

Her first serve was a mere 46% and only 5/12 break points but Daniela did the job and is

INTO THE 3RD ROUND OF THE US OPEN ONCE AGAIN - SO DELIGHTED FOR HER

Alex she had a special smile at the end of the match, was amazing!

Up next Israeli Glushko, I have to say I've never even heard of her, anyone know anything?

Last edited by eddy on 30. August 2013 02:58, edited 1 time in total.

Tier IV Title Holder
PostPosted: 30. August 2013 02:54 

Local Time:
All business.

Kid's got a future, but not yet. It's better for her actually. Melanie Oudin's never recovered from a premature run in 2009.

Profile WWW

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 30. August 2013 03:00 

Local Time:
All business.

Kid's got a future, but not yet. It's better for her actually. Melanie Oudin's never recovered from a premature run in 2009.

Couldn't agree more, you learn more from the losses, but Duval has an amazing future

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 30. August 2013 03:06 

Local Time:
I could have waited all day for this! (I did, come to think of it. We all did! :lol: )
Only two things realistically could have happened here. Either Duval was the it girl and was going to make a run that energized New York, or she had her day and the experienced player was going to restore reality. Sorry, American tennis media, gotta look elsewhere for your story. With what I have seen on the up to the moment rankings sites, Daniela should now crack the top 40. It's fun so far; just wait until the paisans go down tomorrow! Good work, Dani! :beer:
Thanks for the Priceless Smile update, eddy. Never will I forget seeing it up close!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 30. August 2013 03:10 

Local Time:
A good solid win by Daniela against a potentially tricky opponent and the crowd. She came back strongly from being a break down early early in both sets. Overall, Daniela gave a good solid performance, she kept errors to minimum, hit some nice winners and extended rallies and was able to get errors from Duval which Stosur didn't do. Duval's serve was pretty weak so Daniela could attack it and Duval only held serve three times. The first serve percentage was low at 46% and a better player than Duval would have done more on the second serve but Daniela actually did better on her second serve than on her first serve: 69% second serve points won to 64% first serve points won

It was an efficient win by Daniela in just over an hour and worth the wait. It's good points for her and she's got a good chance to go further in the tournament.

All business.

Melanie Oudin's won Birmingham, that's a fantastic tournament to win. You've got to be a great player to win there.

Duval does look very good, and with more experience and a better serve then she can have a good career. Her dad seems like a mentalist if Apocalypse Now if anything to go by - Wagner and surfing indeed. Daniela napalmed Duval, she smells like... victory.

Tier IV Title Holder
PostPosted: 30. August 2013 05:18 

Local Time:
While Oudin's had some good moments, and winning Birmingham's a pretty darn good one, she herself has talked about the expectations that came out of that run crippling her for a long time. Right now she's out of the top 100 and hasn't been back to the 3rd round in a Slam, let alone another quarterfinals. One thing I noticed about Duval was she had pretty lousy body language after every single point she lost, plus the hiding under the towel every changeover. She's got a bit of growing up left to do (as is expected for a 17 year old), and I think having ESPN's tremendous over-hype machine focused on her for another 48-96 hours would do her nothing but harm.

I've never heard of Julia Glushko either, but looks like she's 23, right-handed, never in the top 100, and these have been her first two wins in a Slam (two other 1st round losses). Toronto was her 1st main draw in a WTA Premier event. Random Google results say her playing style is "aggressive baseline". That's all I can really find.

Also, if Dani ever plays against a popular or Cinderella American here again, based on the Isner/Monfils match all she has to do is make some funny gestures and maybe do a little break dancing and we will turn on our own in a heartbeat. Louis Armstrong Stadium was more like Court Louis XIV at times.

Profile WWW

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 30. August 2013 13:29 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 10:38
I'm so happy, 2 rounds. Keep taking advantage of your draw, Daniela!

Is it true that Martina is looking to pair up with Kirilenko for the Asian tournaments?

hellene fan
PostPosted: 30. August 2013 15:36 

Local Time:
very nice result,fine chance making 4rth round.who is gluscko?first time hear this name.
to be honest i am following only atp.
i think eddy has matured a lot :D

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 30. August 2013 15:50 

Local Time:
Duval took the third Geme Hantuchova administration and took the lead 2-1, but then won the Slovakian five games in a row and won the opening set easily 6-2. The second positive young American a little more resistance to the state and 3-3 it was a very balanced bunch. Then again, it took over the reins duel experienced Slovak Representative, who won the next three gems and ultimately the whole set 6:3. "It was a tough match that Duval had on his side the whole audience., But I was pleasantly surprised by the Slovak our fans who were in the audience and sometimes it prekričali. This was the game a little more, but otherwise it was also classic second round. Rather, I was startled by the slow service and I sometimes znepríjemnilo life. But I think I played solid, exactly what I needed and not more. Has the mission and I managed to match in two sets," said Hantuchova in the conference call the Slovak media.

She said decided in a fight with a much younger grueling experience. "I think that experience really decided I was calmer., I tried to keep the exchange, stick it on the baseline, because once it is in their villages, so it is really unpleasant. Important was the length and that she was discharged, and a little beat myself . I think the victory over Stosur and her little harm., I tried to remember what I was at her age, to experience, unnecessarily invent something," she said.

In the next match Hantuchova hit the Israeli qualifier Gluškovú Ukrainian origin, which in the first round of the tournament consulted twenty Nada Petrova of Russia. "Honestly, I have not even not look ahead. I'll Take that match from the match. Surely you rehearsed it, see how the matches played previously. Petrovová It's put so certainly plays well and is also rozehraného of qualifications, as today was my surplice. Important is that I was solid and played what we have established tactic "
@ google translate.

"Winning the nulliparous so clearly as possible the result suggests. Was a difficult match especially that she had had a grueling audience. On the other hand - I was pleasantly surprised Slovak fans who came to cheer me and sometimes domestic prekričali. Perhaps the that it was a little bigger, but not too classic Grand Slam second round. Honestly I've ever been startled to slowness grueling games, especially the service, sometimes I'm znepríjemnilo life. strove I keep Duval at baseline, because when he finds himself In court, it is really very unpleasant. Moreover, very good deals ran out of the ball. therefore important was the length of strokes. I think I played solid and exactly what I needed., I tried to invent something unnecessarily. Has the mission and I managed to I it in two sets," said Daniela Hantuchova SITA.

"No, I did not look at 'spider' forward.'ll Take that traditionally available for the game. Want to pass in each peak, against Gluškovej it will be the same. Grueling Now staged to look like play. Beat Petrova, so you certainly did well. Just like Duval went qualifications, thus Serve. Important is that I played solid and what I have set tactics," said D. Hantuchova.

"I think about the victory over Stosur Duval made a big fuss unnecessarily. Course, played brilliantly in the first round, is handy in the future about it we hear a lot, but now it was not necessary to exaggerate. I think today primarily decided my experiences. I was calmer and I let it run down, let alone a little beat. remember, I have to like me zmýšľala in her years," said D. Hantuchova.

"Still waiting for my massage and stretching. I'll be glad when I get to bed before the other. Lots of it slept since Friday we play doubles. Program is loaded, but then it tends to Grand Slam tournaments. A long day of waiting I managed well. We played games, we have seized, I tried to block out the time, I stayed cool. When the villages are given two male matches, must reckon with the fact that it goes like this," said Slovakian.
@ google translate

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 30. August 2013 22:05 

Local Time:
Daniela's the second match on court 11 tomorrow after Kuznetsova v Pennetta.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 30. August 2013 22:25 

Local Time:
Doubles:

1-0, Daniela holds to 30
1-1, Vinci holds to 30.
1-2, Martina broken to 15.
1-3, Errani holds to 30.
2-3, Daniela holds to 40 saving a BP.
2-4, Vinci holds to 0.
3-4, Martina hold to 40, served 2 DFs.
3-5, Errani holds to 15.
3-6, Daniela broken to 30.

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 16  Next