Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: Southern California Open, Carlsbad
PostPosted: 31. July 2013 16:05 

Local Time:
|6. May 2024| 06:08
The night match saw Daniela Hantuchova roll past Tamira Paszek in 47 minutes, 60 60.

"It was definitely unexpected because Tamira's a great player," Hantuchova said. "I didn't make too many mistakes, everything worked, I actually surprised myself. I'm glad to be in the second round."

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 1. August 2013 06:55 

Local Time:
|6. May 2024| 01:08
2 days of stats from La Costa…2 wins, 24-2 in games, 2 autographs, one signed T-shirt! OMG, what a time I'm having here! First, the match. The stadium was only about half full, and obviously most were there to see Hingis, but Daniela took no back seat in terms of popularity. I used to root against Hingis as a fan of Lindsay Davenport and never appreciated what she did out there. Not so after tonight, guys. She was brilliant! All the skill and artistry is still there, and a few winners had Dani applauding and grinning. And she wasn't just a spectator. Daniela chipped in with some nice winners, including a flat backhand volley that drew some laughter when Georges swung and missed. She also had a good hold of serve at 2-1in the 2nd when the other team had showed a little sign of life. Hingis ended the match with a perfect teasing offensive lob, a true blast from her past. Daniela hugged her. Of course we have to see how they fare against top teams, but Georges' team made a final last week in their first tourney together, and Dani and Hingis basically toyed with them. I can see Daniela's 10th career doubles title coming soon.
Afterward, Stormy and I went to the same area as yesterday. Hingis, of course, was swarmed by media and autograph seekers. Daniela wasn't a part of the interview dome by Tennis Channel, so she chose to head for the lounge. Stormy had the weird idea to ask her to sign my T-shirt. I can't possibly be the first person to ever request that, but when we did, Daniela was amused. "Your shirt?" she asked. Absolutely. I replied. And she did it! I then said she must have had a lot of fun tonight. Dani said "Oh Yeah! Playing with her?" And this time I didn't just get a smile. It was the Priceless Smile!! Just to bring it all full circle, a few minutes later, Martina signed my shirt as well! This was the Good Lord's answer to many prayers, guys. I have forfeited the right to ever complain about anything ever again! :D :) :P

Let's Go, Daniela!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 1. August 2013 07:57 

Local Time:
I just took the t-shirt off and got my first real good look at it. Could this get even better? Dani drew a smile in the middle of the D!!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 1. August 2013 16:04 

Local Time:
You're having an absolutely fantastic time at the tennis, Alex :beer: I hope you've got tickets for the rest of the week because you bring Daniela luck and inspire her.

Daniela's match against Radwanska is the third match of the day session with play starting at 11am.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 1. August 2013 16:19 

Local Time:
HINGIS WINS COMEBACK MATCH
Martina Hingis' first match back ended in a resounding victory on Wednesday evening, as she partnered Daniela Hantuchova to an impressive 61 61 win over Julia Goerges and Darija Jurak.
Published July 31, 2013 12:03

CARLSBAD, CA, USA - Martina Hingis' first match back ended in a resounding victory on Wednesday, as she partnered Daniela Hantuchova to an impressive 61 61 win over Julia Goerges and Darija Jurak.

The wildcard pairing of Hantuchova and Hingis never dropped serve - Hingis never even faced a break point on her serve - and they broke the Stanford finalists a total of five times to win in 51 minutes.

"It was awesome," Hingis said. "It took Daniela a lot of courage and inspiration to kind of dig me out of the grave, but I'm really happy to have a partner like her, it makes it so much easier. I was nervous going into the match, but she was really solid out there, and that gave me so much more confidence.

"After the first set it was pure pleasure."

"I've been saying this for quite some time now, the last few years at least, that tennis is missing Martina big time, and you guys saw why tonight," Hantuchova said. "It's an absolute pleasure to see her on the same side of the court, and I just try to copy a little bit whatever she does, really. She's the inspiration of my tennis career, and the fact that we are sitting here together again means the world to me."

"You don't have to copy, what you're doing is good!" Hingis replied. "I wish I had your deep shots."

Hingis looked sharp throughout the match, whether it was on serve, on the return, the volleys or dealing with her big-hitting opponents' pace. It was truly vintage form from the former World No.1.

"It's because I play World TeamTennis," she said. "It's pretty much the same format and it's so intense, and playing all three events during those three weeks keeps you on top of your game. That was very key I could play that, and playing next to Leander, that was such an inspiration for me as well.

"And I played Jurak before in TeamTennis. And returning Roddick's serve helped too."

Were there any nerves from Hingis? "Of course, who wouldn't be, I'm only human too!" she said.

And Hantuchova? "Of course," the Slovak said.

Now that the pair has dispatched the Stanford finalists, who better to play next than the Stanford champions, No.3 seeds Raquel Kops-Jones and Abigail Spears. That match will take place on Friday.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 1. August 2013 19:16 

Local Time:
Don't I wish, Chungwit, but that would be a budget buster. Should Daniela keep up her amazing form and get to a final, I think we could find our way back! I have a goof feeling about today with Aga, but we all know It Don't Come Easy. But maybe we'll be singing 'cause Dani's winning!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 1. August 2013 23:58 

Local Time:
|6. May 2024| 07:08
0-3. So many UE from daniela... Takes the on court coaching
1-3. Broke Radwanska to 0
2-3. Holds to 0. Now she starts the game
2-4. Radwanska holds to 15
3-4. Daniela holds to 30
3-5. Radwanska holds to 0.... Again too many UE :(
3-6. Daniela saves 2 SPs, GP, SP, SP, SP and set for Aga...

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 2. August 2013 00:48 

Local Time:
Same shit different week. Get's the break and then loses serve straight away...

I don't why Daniela keeps trying to hit winner after winner, stay in the points more Daniela!

So many times Daniela only needs a 3/4 pace shot to get on top of the point or win the point and she goes full blast shot which ends in an error. Surely her coach must look at the tapes and correct this..??

3-6 3-6 completely wrong tactic this whole match to gift Radwanska...Radwanska wins so many matches this way..

Now Daniela will have to qualify for the Rogers Cup...which is going to be very tough...

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 2. August 2013 01:23 

Local Time:
Ugh, the Radwanskas are getting on my tits big time.

Daniela started the match so badly and gifted Agnieszka a double break to start the match. Daniela's level picked up after Nicolas came on and she started playing better and was more competitive but she gave away too much of a lead.
Daniela did play fairly well and she hit some great shots but Agnieszka was solid and got so many balls back and hardly made any errors while a lot of rallies ended with Daniela making an error. I wonder how different things could have been if Daniela had held after she broke to go 2-1 up in the second but she was broken back right away. Radwanska always seemed in control after that and she served really well at the end of the match.
It was disappointing and frustrating as Daniela played really well at times but made errors at other, often crucial, times.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 2. August 2013 01:47 

Local Time:
|6. May 2024| 02:08
Just way too many errors.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 2. August 2013 02:18 

Local Time:
Just a very sloppy performance. I think she paid too much attention to Domi's win,and tried to play Dominika's brand of ballbashing tennis,rather than focusing on her own strengths.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 2. August 2013 06:33 

Local Time:
Gosh, happiness can be fleeting. :roll:
This boils down to 3 things. 1. Stormy and I weren't there. Spare Dani and send the fire and brimstone onto me! 2. Aga's #4 for a lot of reasons. And even so, Dani was in the match throughout. 3. When all is said and done, this week is all about Hingis. Daniela, I'm sure, tried her best to have 1000% focus today. All of us can say that's where it ought to have been, needing the ranking points, and all that good stuff. More than fair. But, if you could have seen her pure joy last night, just how much playing with Hingis meant to her, as I was so fortunate to see up close and personal, 60 pts. wasn't her end-all-be-all. This will be one of most treasured memories of Dani's life, especially if she and Hingis win the doubles. It's getting her a lot of positive pub as well (and I cannot conjure up too many other circumstances under which she would have signed my shirt :!: ). So I'm not as bummed over the loss as I would be with most others.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 2. August 2013 13:11 

Local Time:
Daniela's doubles match is the last match of the day session after the Stosur-Radwanska match which doesn't start before 3pm.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 2. August 2013 17:47 

Local Time:
Nice little note from Matt Cronin about Daniela playing the piano in the hotel lobby at La Costa last night. :)

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 2. August 2013 19:16 

Local Time:
Matt Cronin ‏@TennisReporters 2h
Last night leaving La Costa I see @dhantuchova playing piano in lobby. Looked bit frustrated by still good versions of The Sting & Yesterday

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next