Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 55 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Career Grand Slam
 Post subject: Re: BGL BNP Paribas Luxembourg Open, Luxembourg
PostPosted: 19. October 2012 21:14 

Local Time:
|20. April 2024| 06:33
was able to watch the last few games and Daniela was striking the ball as of 2007.

I just watched some highlights. Dani was hitting BB's, just smoking the ball! And how sweet to see her come to net with frequency! I'm sure none of us didn't take note of her quote that, when behind early, she got coaching instructions and followed them strictly. You guys had that pegged months ago. Thankfully she figured it out, packed her Pistol, and the results are becoming beautifully obvious. All fingers crossed for the semi!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 19. October 2012 23:15 

Local Time:
|20. April 2024| 07:33
Care to share that highlights link?

Tier IV Title Holder
PostPosted: 20. October 2012 04:23 

Local Time:
|20. April 2024| 12:33

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 20. October 2012 05:07 

Local Time:
It is tennismaclari.com, the site where rankings are updated daily. You'll see a list of today's matches, including Daniela's. Click on Watch, and enjoy!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 20. October 2012 13:21 

Local Time:
Road to Sofia update.

Wozniacki just did Daniea a huge favour by beating arvidsson in semis of Moscow. If arvidsson had won today shed have overtaken daniela in the race to Sofia. However, Daniela needs to win today and hope Venus loses either today or tomorrow to stand a chance of qualifying for Sofia.

Another huge match today for Daniela. Lets hope she can play well and make her 3rd final of the year.

EDIT Daniela playing hurrendous 1-6 2-3 this is such an awful display 3-3

Worst match from Daniela I've ever seen.

1-6 3-6

Niculescu got the ball in and made a few good passes that's about it.

Daniela complete brain-fart...her coach said all the right things but nothing worked. I think Sofia is out of the question now unless there are several withdrawals which I don't see happening...wasn't meant to be...

Last edited by eddy on 20. October 2012 17:29, edited 2 times in total.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 20. October 2012 17:24 

Local Time:
|20. April 2024| 07:33
Apparently she played really bad. Pity, I thought she had gained some form this week. Is she done for the year, then?

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 20. October 2012 17:41 

Local Time:
So these are the players qualified for Sofia:

Wozniacki
Petrova
Vinci
Kanepi - withdrew from Moscow with injury but says hopes to be ok for Sofia on website...
Hsieh
Zheng

WC Kirilenko
WC Pironkova

If Venus wins Luxermbourg then that would push Daniela down to 2nd alt...

Venus through to final, darn it!

Gotta hope Kanepi withdraws and Venus loses to Petkovic...can't see both or any of these happening...

Last edited by eddy on 27. October 2012 12:29, edited 2 times in total.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 20. October 2012 19:07 

Local Time:
|20. April 2024| 11:33
I missed the match but just from the reports and the stats it seems that Daniela had a total off day. She hardly seemed to make any inroads into Niculescu's serve while her second serve was a liability as she won only 4/19 which isn't going to be good enough to beat anybody. This is such a disapointment and it must be terrible for Daniela as she had a great chance of making the final but she just didn't show up. Niculescu has been terrible for most of the year but she seems to play amazingly here. She did beat Goerges and Hradecka here so she was in form here but apart from Luxembourg thrashing Safarova in Beijing was about the only other thing she's done.

Some points about Sofia are that Pironkova's only there because she's Bulgarian and most of Hsieh's points have come from ITF tournaments. Hsieh's only beaten 2 top 50 players this year yet she's ranked 25. Daniela's beaten most of the players there this year.

"Today's match I totally failed., I could not find any unpleasant súperkinu protizbraň the game that is really very specific. In the first set it surprised me. I felt that every exchange is under my control., But I was too impatient. When I the beginning of the second set got two gems to zero, it seemed to me that this is the way. Unfortunately, after I resigned from it. was one of those days when I really did not reflect anything," said Daniela Hantuchova SITA.

Dvadsaťdeväťročná Poprad native takes away the points in the 130 and 10 200 USD. As of 22 by October, according to preliminary non-binding calculations have moved from 38th to 32 place in the ratings.

"Of course I am happy, as I struggled in this tournament of each ball. Tie the first three matches were easy, I appreciate them success., I did not give up when I failed. Semifinal is a small positive mood at the end of the year, today I soon leave behind," said Daniela Hantuchova and added: "I think I can start the next season, which will be a priority, so I was able to play it after all, and especially for big events was healthy."

The Slovaks still smolder some chance to play in Sofia Finally, if American Venus Williams received the title in Luxembourg and is checked out by one of the qualified tenistiek (question mark hangs over Estónkou Kaiou Kanepiovou): "First of all I have to wait and see what will happen Venus. V such a situation, I still predicament - or leave my practice? While I do not know, I have to endure at least until Sunday or Mon I would love to have pulled one tournament. because I feel that I started playing in. would be free to be able to super still play. Finally, if it fails, I will have more time off and then start to prepare for next season."
@ google translate.

"Daniela was hitting the ball so fast and so strong, but today I felt like I was in my zone," Niculescu commented. "I started very solid, playing very intense on every point and doing what I had to do from the beginning. I played unbelievable."

"My opponent made it difficult today - she plays a very awkward game and I felt I didn't deal with it very well," Hantuchova commented. "Not too many players slice their forehand like she does and it's difficult to do something with her shots - you feel like you want to hit winners on every single shot but you can't, because if you rush you'll hit every single shot into the fence. I just couldn't find the answers. Sometimes you just try your best but nothing works."

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 21. October 2012 03:44 

Local Time:
It would be nice if there is a way to slip Dani into Sofia. Her run this week was invigorating and intriguing, which would make it hard to have to wait 2 1/2 months to see what's coming next. But, dang it, I was really wanting to see Daniela play Venus. She would have been given maybe a 1% chance to win by the pundits and gambling houses, but had she carried form into tomorrow, I think she would have had a decent shot. Hard to fathom today, unless you look at Monica as a horse for a course, and maybe Dani was rubber legged having not gone this deep into a tourney in awhile. I'll gladly take the 6 place upward movement in the rankings and call it a pretty fun and successful week. No way on earth, IMHO, she quits now. 2-2 1/2 months to get some rest, work hard with her coach to continue on the path we saw the last 3 days, and train...something amazing could result in 2013!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 21. October 2012 14:43 

Local Time:
Of course Niculescu playing terribly in the final right now... :(

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 21. October 2012 17:19 

Local Time:
There's a few things I have read, none of which I can specifically recall right now, that suggest that Sofia will find a way to slip Daniela into the field. Clearly, the wild card choices were all about putting fannies in the seats. Daniela does that for tournaments....$$ talks. Again, the extra time off may prove beneficial, but at the same time, looking at this field, if she gets in, the sky might be the limit. We'll hope and see.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 21. October 2012 17:39 

Local Time:
|20. April 2024| 11:33
Hantuchova was smooth after losing to Niculescu disappointed.

"In the semifinals unfortunately it was not on my part the performance you I imagined. Grueling I do not facilitate at all, played tennis with a specific number of beats rotated in the first set me off guard., I could not find an answer to her knocks. Maybe too, I wanted to be in the next round, which I considered a little. beginning of the second act I have it now I breakaway and led 2-0, but I could not pursue this path, has broken a couple of balls, I was impatient, the grueling use. Overall, however, are in the tournament Luxembourg positive. Semifinal is a valuable result., I played three great matches here and I enjoyed it, today's duel as soon as I leave behind," said Hantuchova, for which the tournament in Luxembourg, perhaps the last of the season.

Five former world it launched in style, but in late April it flew in dampened injury.

"Home was a great season and in February I was fourth to fifth in the Champions Race ranking. I played great, I refer to the finals in Brisbane finals in Dubai and I defended the title in Pattaya. Everything was on track, but to me it was complicated fatigue fracture. I missed the biggest red clay tournaments, including Roland Garros, which affected my position in the world rankings. deployed I was not and I had a hard tickets. greatest experience for me last season was the London Olympics. I put everything into it, even though I was not healthy and I had natrénované. first two matches against Na Li and Cornet were great, shame osemfinálového lost to Wozniacki. wimbledonskej Olympic Games on the grass were in any case highlights of the year," said Hantuchova.
@ google translate

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 21. October 2012 18:24 

Local Time:
I read this on tennisforum:

Re: SEWTA Sophia MM YEC 375: 7 Spots Taken. Jie, Venus Fight For #8

Quote:

Originally Posted by Achernar So, is this the final portrait? Or I am wrong?

1- Caroline Wozniacki 2- Nadia Petrova 3- Roberta Vinci 4- Hsieh Su-Wei 5- Zheng Jie 6- Daniela Hantuchova

7- (WC)Kirilenko 8- (WC)Pironkova

Kaia Kanepi (injured, won't be there?)

We'll just have to wait and see .
that would be the field if Kanepi and Venus withdraw

A lot of people on tennisforum are saying that Venus definitely won't play Sofia and that in her press conference she said she was glad to end the year with a tournament win...

So I guess if this is true we await Kanepi's decision to decide Daniela's fate if she is to play Sofia...

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 21. October 2012 21:19 

Local Time:
There's a few things I have read, none of which I can specifically recall right now, that suggest that Sofia will find a way to slip Daniela into the field.

Alex can you remember now HAHA!?

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 21. October 2012 21:36 

Local Time:
[quote="eddy"} Alex can you remember now HAHA!?[/quote]

Don't I wish! You guys are much better than me at digging up things off the Internet. Going to obvious sites like WTA and the official Sofia site get you nothing, of course. If it comes down to Kanepi, well, she owes Dani one for choosing Brisbane to have her one top-form week of the friggin' season!
Double checking...one place was 10sballs.com, where the writer surmised that if Daniela got to the #8 or #7 position (which she did), they'd get her in under the "they-want-models" theory.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 55 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next