Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 46 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: AEGON International, Eastbourne
PostPosted: 19. June 2012 22:10 

Local Time:
|13. May 2024| 09:06
Not at all happy about the court scheduling. Paszek is used to that court as she played her 1st round on it. Daniela never plays that well on outside courts as I think the pace seems a lot quicker due to there not being as much court space behind the line. I won't be surprised if Paszek causes the upset tomo. Really hope Daniela proves me wrong...I guess one positive is that Daniela will potentially have to play on outside courts in the opening rounds at Wimbledon so probably a good thing to get used to them...

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 19. June 2012 22:15 

Local Time:
|13. May 2024| 08:06
A nice win in the doubles even if it was because of a retirement and Daniela got the chance to play on Court 2 before her singles match so she can get used to the court and conditions there. The draw has opened up with the upsets, especially with Agnieszka going out, but Daniela has to focus on getting past Paszek first.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 20. June 2012 13:21 

Local Time:
Omg Venus and clijsters are UNSEEDED...just watch Daniela get a brutal draw. Daniela is 27th seed. Will draw Sharapova/Azarenka/Radwanska/Kvitova/Stosur/Serena/Wozniacki/Kerber in 3r. But could draw Venus and clijsters in 1r or 2r.

So potential scenario could be
1r Venus
2r Clijsters
3r Serena

Hahahaaa this Wimbledon is going to be a joke.

Clearly Wimbledon wanted to hype up the first week...:( instead there will end up being a ridiculously easy quarter and a stacked ridiculously tough quarter...

IMO todays match against paszek is even more important for Daniela to stay in the top 30.

Darn it she lost. At least it was 3 sets...

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 20. June 2012 23:33 

Local Time:
This is really disappointing as although Paszek was a quarter-finalist at Wimbledon last year she'd been terrible this year and the draw was really opening up. A fit and in-form Daniela would have had a great chance to go really deep in this tournament but she's still searching for her rhythm and form. Damnit, a win her would have really helped her ranking although her points from last year had already come off. The positive is that after Wimbledon she hardly has any points to defend (Cincinnati and Carlsbad) and there are a lot of opportunities to gain points but her fall in the ranking want help her with draws. Damn that injury, she'd have been seeded at the big clay court tournaments and could have done so well and if it's bad for us then it must have terrible for Daniela. Still, she's strong and determined and she'll keep fighting and working.

Daniela had her leg taped up so she was less than fully healthy and probably playing hurt as well as really lacking match fitness. As eddy said, the court would have helped Paszek as she'd played her 1st round match on it and Daniela tends to struggle on outside courts against lower ranked opponents at tournaments like this.

Still, there is still the doubles so Daniela still has a chance to get some more match practice which is what she needs right now.

Wimbledon's next week and Daniela's seeded so hopefully she gets a decent draw and can get to the third round to defend her points. She's always won at least one match at Wimbledon but seven would be good.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 20. June 2012 23:44 

Local Time:
Order of Play Thursday, June 21, 2012

Court 2 (from 11.00hrs)
1. Huber/Raymond vs. Robson/Watson
2. ATP: Fleming/Hutchins vs. Ebden/Young (NB 12.30hrs)
3. Groenefeld/Zakopalova vs. Hantuchova/Zheng (after suitable rest)
4. ATP: Delgado/Skupski vs. Elgin/Istomin (after suitable rest)

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 21. June 2012 00:18 

Local Time:
|13. May 2024| 03:06
Daniela was pulling out 3 set matches with regularity earlier in the year. Seems from afar to be a matter of conditioning, getting strength and stamina back to the levels they were at.
Yeah, it's rough that in each of the last 2 weeks, upsets opened up draws and it wasn't taken advantage of. Here's what really sucks. It was on this corresponding Thursday last year that Dani completed her back-to-back beatings of Li Na and Venus. My feeling was, at the moment she led Kvitova 3-0 in the 1st set of the Eastbourne semi, and by the reports I saw was toying with her and hitting winners all over the place, Daniela was one of the 10 best in the world and a real threat to win Wimbledon. Then came the abdominal, and we know the rest. I'm saddened every time I think about that. Now she gets 2 cracks at Wimbledon. I want her to win a slam as badly as any of us, but I just can't see Dani ever being healthy enough, consistent enough, and absolutely ever lucky enough, to do it (Italian dressing, please, with pleasure if I ever have to eat these words). Her best shot at the glorious day she deserves so much is in the Olympics, and that's been her childhood dream. I would trade every frustrating, heartbreaking moment she's known as well as we have, for Daniela to get that medal.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 21. June 2012 08:07 

Local Time:
|13. May 2024| 04:06
It is really disheartening how unlucky she has been with these injuries. I'm afraid it will be a repeat of her 2008 season on. Such a horrible timing, draws falling apart and she cannot do anything about it.

ps: by the way, the font while reading each thread is huge compared to the standard, I guess it is some kind of glitch? It shows some code on the top part of the site.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 21. June 2012 17:53 

Local Time:
Well paszek just beat pironkova 60 64 so maybe slightly encouraging that Daniela was able to make it 3 sets.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 21. June 2012 21:22 

Local Time:
|13. May 2024| 03:06
Taking the Paszek result and today's doubles match into consideration, we can try to accentuate the positive (has that phrase ever been used in the Forum before? ;) ) and consider this week as a step forward for our young lady. Daniela and her partner were one point away from forcing a 2nd set tiebreak, so it was hardly a bad loss.
I'm entertained, Eddy, at that list of potential 3rd round opponents for Dani (I think you left out Chris Evert and Helen Wills :!: ). I have a list of my very own. Have you all noticed the number of top players who have been free-falling without time missed for injury as the reason? 3 of them are in Eddy's list: Wozniacki, Stosur and to some extent Kvitova. There's also Pavlyuchenkova, Lisicki, Georges, and most notably, Zvonareva. Maybe for once Daniela will get lucky and draw one of them and that one will still be playing poorly! (If you are thinking sure, Alex, that will happen next February 31, I don't blame you, but we know that Daniela's stunned us before.)

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 21. June 2012 23:43 

Local Time:
Paszek's win today does put her win against Daniela into some perspective, Paszek had 10 aces and just 1 DF against Daniela but only 2 aces and 4 double faults against Pironkova so it does show that Paszek played very well. It is so typical that Paszek's been terrible all year but when she's drawn against Daniela she's amazing. Daniela's got some more time on court this week and she got a win which will be a boost for her. Hopefully she can get a decent draw at Wimbledon and put in a good run there.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 22. June 2012 09:17 

Local Time:
|13. May 2024| 04:06
Why do all girls play inspired tennis against Daniela? Maybe they secretly hate her or something, haha.

Hope she is fit and injury free for The Championships :)

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 22. June 2012 16:20 

Local Time:
Paszek's in the final. Admittedly, Bartoli was injured in the final set but Paszek played some really good shots. Daniela had bad luck last week in Birmingham with the scheduling and the court and this week she played someone who's playing amazingly and way above her normal level. Paszek had only 2 wins this year, she's got 4 this week.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 23. June 2012 15:00 

Local Time:
Well it seems I have good judgement. Paszek won the whole bloody tournament. When I saw her beat erakovic I knew she would be tough tobeat..

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 23. June 2012 15:11 

Local Time:
Well it seems I have good judgement. Paszek won the whole bloody tournament. When I saw her beat erakovic I knew she would be tough tobeat..

And her serve remains ridiculously bad. Kerber will be kicking herself.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 23. June 2012 16:46 

Local Time:
I know it's almost so bad it's good aka dementieva! Chortle.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 46 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next