Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: AEGON Classic, Birmingham
PostPosted: 12. June 2012 19:22 

Local Time:
|13. May 2024| 23:48
Czink beat Tatishvili in three sets so she's Daniela's opponent in the second round. Czink hasn't really done too much this year but she beat Daniela in 2006 and gave Daniela a tough match in Quebec last year plus Daniela's coming back after her injury layoff so this could be a tough match. The important thing is that Daniela gets through without any damage. A run here would be great for her confidence, ranking and seeding at Wimbledon but her health and fitness is most important, because as well as her foot she was having back and shoulder problems so hopefully she's fully recovered from these. It's great that she's back playing and hopefully she plays a lot this week and the rest of the year.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 12. June 2012 21:40 

Local Time:
|14. May 2024| 00:48
Order of Play Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Centre Court(from 11.00hrs)
1. Melanie South vs. Jelena Jankovic
2. Kai-Chen Chang vs. Elena Baltacha
3. Anne Keothavong vs. Jie Zheng
4. Francesca Schiavone vs. Misaki Doi
5. Urszula Radwanska vs. Sabine Lisicki
6. Melinda Czink vs. Daniela Hantuchova

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 13. June 2012 00:32 

Local Time:
Not happy with the oop as wet weather in afternoon, i reckon she wont get on court..

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 13. June 2012 00:58 

Local Time:
It's not ideal that Daniela's last on because any sort of delay or long match will make it difficult to finish her match today and then it has to get finished on Thursday and she gets backed up for the rest of the tournament.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 13. June 2012 17:10 

Local Time:
|13. May 2024| 18:48
Some other matches, like Vinci's, have been switched to courts where scheduled matches got done, and a couple of others are on their last match. You think anyone will figure out that Dani's match could be played if they switch it to another court? Nahhh, makes too much sense. Like we haven't waited long enough for her return! Well, whenever it's played, Let's Go, Daniela!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 13. June 2012 17:13 

Local Time:
That rain suspension was NID. :roll: :wall:

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 13. June 2012 18:54 

Local Time:
Daniela may still get on court if the rain holds off...hopefully Lisicki/Radwanska match can be a quick one.

Radwanska 4-2 up, looks like it could turn into a 3 setter...

Hopefully they'll put Daniela on court 4 as all the matches have finished there...organizers suck if they don't...well done organizers! They received my request!:letter:

Last edited by eddy on 13. June 2012 19:19, edited 1 time in total.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 13. June 2012 19:07 

Local Time:
Daniela will start in a few minutes on court 4

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 13. June 2012 19:08 

Local Time:
Hallelujah!

Dunno about you guys but i'm nervous!

Czink serving 15-0, 15-15, 30-15, 40-15, 40-30 Game 0-1 (Czink hit two aces in that game :shock:)
Daniela serving 15-0, 30-0, 40-0, 40-15 Game 1-1
Czink holds to love 1-2 this is no easy opening match...
Daniela holds to love 2-2, very quick games
Czink holds to 30 even though Daniela was 0-30 up in that game 2-3
Daniela holds to 15 3-3
Daniela breaks to 30! 4-3 and serving!
Daniela holds to deuce, tough game 5-3 comon!
Czink holds despite Daniela having 5 set points, hope Daniela can hold here 5-4
Czink breaks even though Daniela had another set point 5-5 ffs
5-6 nothing's changed since the injury lay-off :(
First set Czink 7-5 and Lisicki just lost...why does Daniela get shit draws, I knew this was going to be difficult to win...so annoyed with fate right now.

Last edited by eddy on 13. June 2012 20:12, edited 3 times in total.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 13. June 2012 20:04 

Local Time:
came back from 0-30 to 40-30 but didn't close it :x so 5-5....

daniela... got broken to 0 to lost 1st set 5-7 :oops:

2nd set
Daniela got the break to lead 2-1 in the 2nd set
Yes!! She holds to 3-1!
3-2. Czink holds to 0
4-2. Daniela came from 0-40 to deuce(saves 3 BPs) , GP, deuce, BP, GP and she holds!! :)
4-3. Czink saves a BP to hold...
5-3. Daniela holds to 0!
5-4. Czink holds to 15
5-5. 0-30, 15-30,15-40, 30-40(ace#3), and got broken with df#2 :x :x can't believe that!!!!
5-6. Czink holds to 0 with ace#10 :shock:
6-6. 15-0, 15-15, 30-15, 40-15 and she holds with ace#4....
6-7
tb: 1-0, 1-1, 1-2, 2-2, 3-2, 3-3, 4-3, 4-4, 4-5, 4-6, 5-6, 5-7 :evil: :cry:

i'm really disappointed....

at least Germany leads Netherlands 2-0 :beer:

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 13. June 2012 21:07 

Local Time:
|13. May 2024| 18:48
Today's my birthday. Having Daniela return to action was a neat gift. Losing by my age (56) absolutely rots.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 13. June 2012 21:09 

Local Time:
Sad,but not unexpected. It will take Daniela some time to find her feet after all the time out with injury. Hopefully she will make a good run in the doubles.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 13. June 2012 22:18 

Local Time:
This is disappointing.

Czink had given Daniela tough matches in the past. The frustrating thing is that Daniela had her chances but didn't take them and if she's taken any of the set points she'd had in the first set then, it would have given her so much momentum and she'd have had a great chance to win. Daniela served for both sets but couldn't serve them out so she missed so many opportunities. The scheduling and the court change wouldn't have helped at all because Daniela tends to struggle when she's shunted out to outside courts against lower ranked opponents but Daniela still had her chances. If it's bad for us then it'll be a lot worse for Daniela, but she just has to be positive and accept that she was competitive and created chances against a tricky opponent in difficult circumstances. This was her first match back after injury and it took her a while to get her form back in 2008 so we'll have to be patient. As long as Daniela's healthy she'll start to play well again sooner or later.
This will hit her ranking and her seeding for Wimbledon as her ranking will drop below 24. The Eastbourne field isn't as strong as it was last year but Daniela went in last year with so much confidence and momentum which she doesn't have this year.

Lisicki and Schiavone lost their matches as well and five of the top seven seeds lost so it wasn't just Daniela that got upset. Hopefully Daniela can put in a good run in the doubles with Sabine because she could do with some match practice at the moment to get her timing and confidence back.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 13. June 2012 22:30 

Local Time:
"Of course I was very excited. Finally, I was on the court in the game somehow. But today conditions were terrible. Finally, because we moved from the 'center' to another court, where the surface had barely qualify as grass - it was mostly clay . I was terribly afraid that I injured after something happened. I'm here most of the play, we come in 10-day time but still raining. proper zatrénovať I could probably only two days, otherwise they were also tapping for 20 minutes. Even given today, I could hardly wait for something more. I'm still terribly careful, I fear the repercussions of the legs. need to overcome," said SITA Daniela Hantuchova, who is from Wimbledon still present in Eastbourne.
@ google translate

"Of course I was very excited. Finally, I was on the court in the game somehow. But today conditions were terrible. Finally, because we moved from the 'center' to another court, where the surface had barely qualify as grass - it was mostly clay . I was terribly afraid that I injured after something happened. It was all quite strange, without rhythm, with appalling bounce the ball, we played a few beats. Nevyhováram is, chances are there, but the lack of wrestling experience. pity that I did not succeed and play tomorrow for at least one singles. I wanted to play it here as much as we came in 10-day time but still raining. proper zatrénovať I could probably only two days, otherwise it was a tap on 20 minutes. Even given today, I could hardly wait for something more. I'm still terribly careful, I fear the repercussions of the legs. need to overcome," said SITA Daniela Hantuchova, which is present even before Wimbledon at Eastbourne.
@ google translte.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 13. June 2012 23:00 

Local Time:
Order Of Play Thursday, June 14, 2012

Court 3 (from 11.00hrs)
1. Huber/Raymond vs. Brianti/Cadantu
2. Elena Vesnina vs. Melanie Oudin
3. Robson/Watson vs. Babos/Hsieh
4. Kops-Jones/Spears vs. Hantuchova/Lisicki

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next