Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 97 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Tier II Title Holder
 Post subject: Re: Sony Ericsson Open, Miami
PostPosted: 25. March 2012 23:30 

Local Time:
|3. May 2024| 09:01
[quote="eddy"]Really hope she can snatch it here without tiebreak, SEC 2007 Daniela lost in a second set tiebreak which was horrid...

I was just thinking about that match, right now the scoreline is exactly the same. Hopefully Daniela can take it to her here.

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 25. March 2012 23:31 

Local Time:
She's into it now, you can tell she was pissed about missing that last forehand 0-2 down in the breaker.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 25. March 2012 23:32 

Local Time:
|3. May 2024| 10:01
Oh wow, the amount of silly errors in this tie break, daniela :(

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 25. March 2012 23:35 

Local Time:
This has been a terrible effort in the breaker. I take back my earlier statement.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 25. March 2012 23:36 

Local Time:
|3. May 2024| 08:01
Serving was this difference in this match; I don't think Daniela broke 100mph once in the match. Something's not right.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 25. March 2012 23:37 

Local Time:
|3. May 2024| 10:01
Well, she woke up too late in the match and buried herself in UEs in the tie break.

So annoying, I hate her losing against Ana. It was a either a winner from daniela or a loose UE. Ivanovic didn't have to do much.

Two mandatories gone.

I really want to know what the hell is happening to her serve, she doesn't seem to be injured, or at least badly so.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 25. March 2012 23:43 

Local Time:
|3. May 2024| 15:01
I think attitude was the difference in the match...

The Birmingham semi-final last year Daniela was motivated from the first ball to the last, and hey ho she won, here her attitude in the first set stunk...okay in 2nd set she showed some good fighting skills but by then it was too late...

Wish this had gone to a third set at least but same old story didn't deliver in that tiebreak, Ana didn't do anything but make a lot of balls...

I agree I'm not sure what Claudio is doing for her game...her serve is shite. Double faults all over the place and no progress on her ball toss or serve placement at all, if anything it's gotten worse...i guess you can't teach old dogs new tricks... :(

So now we have FED CUP on clay and then Stuttgart where she won't be seeded...

Can't really see good prospects on the clay to be honest...and her ranking is going back down to at least no.21 as Kirilenko won today..

I really wouldn't have minded today if Daniela had lost zero and zero if she was excited for the match but this is the least inspired match of the season IMO.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 25. March 2012 23:51 

Local Time:
Mentally Daniela was just not there for this match. I don't know whether the Indian Wells nightmare got in her head,but it was very disappointing to see her in the apathetic mindset that lost her the first set,and then blow the TB so badly.

We can bag the serve,but what has happened to her BH? she used to dominate with that shot!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 25. March 2012 23:55 

Local Time:
|3. May 2024| 14:01
This is disappointing. Daniela was playing well in the second set but played badly in the tiebreak and she also played badly at the end of the first set and basically gave the two sets away because of her errors rather than anything great from Ivanovic. Ivanovic did play well, her groundstrokes were solid but she didn't really do anything spectacular to win.

Daniela played really well in the second set, her groundstrokes were really solid and she hit a lot of nice winners plus she showed good fighting spirit to break back right away and she also played some really good shots to save 3BPs in her next service game at 4-4 to hold for 5-4. The serve was generally a bit better in the second set than in the first but the ball toss was very erratic and it was all over the place, especially in the first set. Daniela's ball toss used to be so rhythmic and consistent but it wasn't today and hasn't been for the past month.

The tiebreak was pretty bad as all of Ivanovic's points were errors by Daniela and Daniela just didn't play well in the tiebreak at all. The thing is is that Daniela played well in the second set but she didn't play at all in the tiebreak and she lost it, rather than Ivanovic winning it.

I'll take the positive that Daniela showed good signs in the second set, played good tennis, showed her fighting spirit and regrouped after a bad first set. It is a little like the match against Wozniacki here last year when Daniela was well beaten in the first set but fought back in the second before losing a tiebreaker.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 26. March 2012 01:05 

Local Time:
Geez, Chungwit, I'm glad somebody saw what I saw. Now, I admit that I had to watch on Tennis Channel, which only picked up the match after the 1st 7 games. So I can't argue any observations of Dani's play/demeanor to that point. But from there on, I felt rather encouraged. I saw fight and passion. 1st serve was notably better than 1st set, yesterday, the day before, or what I saw in person on Thursday. A number of terrific winners. 2nd set, except for the tiebreak, which was definitely awful, may have been Daniela's best level since Pattaya. And that's an excellent point, Chungwit, in the comparison to last year's loss to Caroline. Let's remember the 3 incredible months that followed. And, as I just wrote to Dani on FB, when all is said and done, this week won't be remembered for some frustrating 3rd round loss, but as the week she won the Heart Award! Am I looking at things through Daniela-colored glasses? That's fair, but don't forget, she let me take my picture with her 3 days ago! :D So, Daniela will hear no discouraging words from me this week!
Oh, a word of warning. When I figure out how to do it, that picture will be posted. If you want to quit being a member of the Forum right now, I wouldn't blame you!!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 26. March 2012 17:00 

Local Time:
|3. May 2024| 14:01
Hantuchova after the duel argued that the results match with Ivanovic decided to mainly use.

"Ana played a great first services just when it most needed. While the first set I lost 2:6, but it was much closer. I regret a poor second set tie-break home. First ball I literally gave her. She did not do anything and was under pressure, but I too bustling. I felt that with longer exchanges have the upper hand, but should I be more patient and not quickly finish the exchange. was not part of my bad match, but managed to rival the key moments better," said Hantuchova, who expressed with the first third of the season satisfaction.

"The year was fantastic, I defended her title in Pattaya in Brisbane, I got to the finals. The Champions Race rankings, I highly, for ninth place and later in the season, certainly not to press for the involvement of the WTA Tour at the World Championships in Istanbul. Skoda missed performing at my favorite tournament in Indian Wells, where I could go far, but I came out second round match against the Czech Zakopalova. Such is tennis. Maybe the cord, which I graduated from a successful Fed Cup duel against France after the tournament in Dubai, was to too long," said Hantuchova, who can give yourself a break after Miami.

Avoid the tournament in Charleston and the clay season will start up in Stuttgart.

Daniela talking about the match: in Slovak

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 26. March 2012 20:25 

Local Time:
Maybe small solace, guys, but I do believe that Bartoli's destruction of Kirilenko today keeps Dani in Top 20. As always, I shall stand corrected.
Did any of you see the poll that rated the 10 nations with the highest life expectancies? #1...Monaco! Life expectancy is just below 90. Chungwit, you have been correct all along. Daniela is right about everything!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 26. March 2012 20:38 

Local Time:
Correct,Alex. Kiri was 100 points behind Daniela and will only gain 60(she made 3R last year).

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 26. March 2012 20:40 

Local Time:
Yeah I think you're right Alex, Daniela will be no.20. However as she's not playing Charleston other players may over-take her going into Stuttgart...

Daniela really needs a strong clay season.

I guess her schedule will be Stuttgart, Madrid, Rome and Roland Garros...not sure if she'll play Strasbourg again.

Also Alex when we going to see this picture of you and Daniela?? ;)

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 26. March 2012 21:40 

Local Time:
The problem with the photo (besides me being in it!) is that it was taken with a cheap drug store camera, which is in my better half's control and still has more to be taken. So it's not developed yet, and even then, someone will have to school me on uplinking. Hey, I'm a little anxious to see it myself. The idea that Daniela was inches away from me is incredibly mind-boggling! I'm still floating! But I am very willing to share it with all of you. Just might be a while.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 97 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next