Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : Off-Topic : Sports

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
Author Enter your Message here

media master
 Post subject: European Championships Football 2008
PostPosted: 20. May 2008 14:48 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 11:39
on June 7th Euro 2008 starts with Switzerland vs Czech R.

We can discuss Euro 2008 here, who gonna win it, for who do you cheer ?

Fan of Daniela Hantuchova since the Australian Open 2002 Other players: Azarenka,Wozniacki,Henin,Safarova,Benesova

media master
 Post subject: Re: European Championships Football 2008
PostPosted: 20. May 2008 14:54 

Local Time:
As a Juventus fan , im always going for Italy , but i think the tournament is really open, so many faves, really no idea who gonna win it this time.

As always i hope the Czechs will do well cause of Daniel Zitka,Jan Polak and Stanislav Vlcek.
And that Jan Koller will show his class one more time

Fan of Daniela Hantuchova since the Australian Open 2002 Other players: Azarenka,Wozniacki,Henin,Safarova,Benesova

blue webmaster
PostPosted: 20. May 2008 15:48 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 10:39
though I'm not that much interested in football, i always enjoy the european championships (and the world championships as well), because it means meeting with my friends in the city at public viewing ^^
it's always great =)

who i want to win? well, in my case Germany of course :bananasrock:

and i wish also good luck to Austria and Switzerland!

i ordered tickets for a semifinal, but I'm not sure if i get them... the will be raffled and i didn't hear anything about my tickets yet.. :roll:

Site Admin
PostPosted: 20. May 2008 19:08 

Local Time:
As always i hope the Czechs will do well cause of Daniel Zitka,Jan Polak and Stanislav Vlcek.
Goalkeeper is great, defense good (if Jankulovski plays, his participation is in doubt), midfield without Rosicky will suck, forward without a good midfield will suck too. New generation of czech players is coming but it's not there yet. We'll be lucky to advance from round robin.

media master
PostPosted: 20. May 2008 20:24 

Local Time:
Goalkeeper is great, defense good (if Jankulovski plays, his participation is in doubt), midfield without Rosicky will suck, forward without a good midfield will suck too. New generation of czech players is coming but it's not there yet. We'll be lucky to advance from round robin.

yeah they have no more creative players on the midfield, first the retirement of Nedved now the injury of Rosicky, i think they will try lang balls everytime to Koller, even though he's better in combination and create space for upcoming midfielders.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 20. May 2008 20:45 

Local Time:
Well this year unlike any i can remember in my young life the english wont be there and as the bbc keeps telling us in their adverts 'who are you going to support?' and ive yet to decide. I think that Germany are the favourites with the bookies over here, but being english it is only natural for me not to support them, so I wont. I think if I was to pick a team it would be a toss up between Portugal and Spain.

Portugal for Ronaldo, being a United fan through and through, and Spain because I think Torres is a great player and would like to see him at his best on the grand stage

Scott

http://www.facebook.com/scotthatley1987
http://twitter.com/scotthatley87

Profile WWW

media master
PostPosted: 20. May 2008 21:23 

Local Time:
Well this year unlike any i can remember in my young life the english wont be there and as the bbc keeps telling us in their adverts 'who are you going to support?' and ive yet to decide. I think that Germany are the favourites with the bookies over here, but being english it is only natural for me not to support them, so I wont. I think if I was to pick a team it would be a toss up between Portugal and Spain.

Portugal for Ronaldo, being a United fan through and through, and Spain because I think Torres is a great player and would like to see him at his best on the grand stage

Scott

i think the last time they missed a big tournament was the worldcup in 94 ?

Site Admin
PostPosted: 20. May 2008 23:48 

Local Time:
yeah they have no more creative players on the midfield, first the retirement of Nedved now the injury of Rosicky, i think they will try lang balls everytime to Koller, even though he's better in combination and create space for upcoming midfielders.
:lol: :tape:
You wouldn't believe how much they are criticized at home for that style of play. It's transparent like glass and everyone is prepared for it.
Indeed, without Rosicky I am not sure whether there will be any thought or inspiration in their game.

As for other teams, I am curious how the Netherlands will handle their group.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 21. May 2008 14:04 

Local Time:

Scott

i think the last time they missed a big tournament was the worldcup in 94 ?

It was indeed, I was the grand old age of 6 when that tournament was on, so have no memory thankfully of that

Scott

Profile WWW

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 22. May 2008 02:10 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 04:39
^^I was only 12 but I attended the Italy-Nigeria match at World Cup 1994. Fun time, even for someone who had never seen a soccer match on TV prior to that year.

As an American, I won't have much of a chance to see any of this because there's little to no coverage and the time difference means the matches occur during the afternoon. I'm still enough of a fan to be semi-interested, though. For what it's worth, here is how system values the teams.

A: CZE (1881) - SUI (1860) - POR (1833) - TUR (1777)
B: GER (1938) - CRO (1847) - POL (1763) - AUT (1662)
C: ITA (2003) - FRA (1981) - NED (1940) - ROU (1872)
D: ESP (1953) - GRE (1836) - SWE (1768) - RUS (1751)

For those unfamiliar, Elo is an objective tool developed for rating chess players that can be adaptable to any sport. It should be a very competitive tournament. Based on the ratings and the draw, Spain followed by Germany appear to be the favorites; the favorable draw is huge.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 22. May 2008 15:47 

Local Time:
I know this is a bit off topic, but i didnt think this merited a new thread, but did anyone else watch the champions league final last night between Man United and Chelsea?

As a United fan I am ecstatic about the result and what a way to win it! And what a game!

Scott

Profile WWW

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 22. May 2008 17:10 

Local Time:

media master
PostPosted: 22. May 2008 20:48 

Local Time:
I know this is a bit off topic, but i didnt think this merited a new thread, but did anyone else watch the champions league final last night between Man United and Chelsea?

As a United fan I am ecstatic about the result and what a way to win it! And what a game!

Scott

yeah the final was great, even it was sad for Terry, it's all Drogba his fault, he was the one that should take that 5th penalty, but like always he couldn't keep his manners.

Even tough im not a Man Utd fan it was the only team in Europe this season that was good enough to win the Champions League.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 23. May 2008 18:06 

Local Time:

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 25. May 2008 15:02 

Local Time:
I saw that picture chungwit on my mates facebook profile and it still makes me laugh, i do feel sorry for JT but at the end of the day his slip put us back in the contest and United won, which is the main thing for me lol

There's been odd little things just baiting Chelsea fans that have been going around the internet, my favourite one being this....

"Samaritans are offering counseling to all Chelsea fans. Just call 0800 101010. That's 0800 won nothing won nothing won nothing." :D

Scott

Profile WWW

Board index : Off-Topic : Sports

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next